Banyan Global is an international development consulting headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is recruiting a Senior Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist for the upcoming, five-year USAID-funded global Frontier Health Markets (FHM) Program. FHM is a proposed suite of activities with the objective of increasing private health sector contributions to advancing voluntary family planning and other health outcomes, including maternal, newborn, and child health; malaria; TB; and HIV/AIDS. The position is full-time and based in Washington, DC.
- Provide the strategic guidance, vision, and management for successful monitoring, evaluation and learning on the project.
- Work closely with senior team members to ensure the strategic and functional integration of all MEL activities as well as active collaboration with donors, other implementers, and local counterparts.
- Develop and implement a MEL plan across all program components including identification of process, output, and outcome indicators.
- Oversee the program’s collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) process in collaboration with the Chief of Party; ensure that the program’s CLA approach is applied with consistency and rigor; and work with the leadership team to apply program learnings in pursuit of adaptive management.
- Produce MEL reports, annual performance plans, and MEL plans for the program team and USAID.
- Postgraduate degree in global health, social sciences, statistics, or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in family planning, global health, or other related field.
- Demonstrated progressive experience in monitoring and evaluation of global health, family planning, and/or finance programs and working with development agencies and organizations, government officials, project beneficiaries, and project staff.
- Proven success in designing and implementing program M&E systems from program initiation to closeout stages.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Experience working on USAID-funded projects.
- A demonstrated commitment to creating a learning environment in a program.
- Familiarity with the application of digital development for health in resource-poor settings.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, analytical, and supervisory skills, and ability to work well on a team.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English; proficiency in another language, especially French or Spanish, is preferred but not required.
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply to the position through our website, https://banyanglobal.com/careers/
About the Organization
Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: finance and investment, health, gender, youth, enterprise development, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E).