Banyan Global is recruiting a Senior Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist for the upcoming, five-year USAID-funded global Frontier Health Markets (FHM) Program. FHM is a proposed suite of activities with the objective of increasing private health sector contributions to advancing voluntary family planning and other health outcomes, including maternal, newborn, and child health; malaria; TB; and HIV/AIDS. Key strategies will include improving access to capital for local, market-oriented solutions for voluntary family planning and other healthcare in order to strengthen the capacity of the private sector and functioning of health markets; as well as building the capacity of local market actors and innovators in the health sector with business skills development. It will support private health care businesses to scale tested models, launch new service delivery lines and products, expand to new markets, and innovate.
The position is full-time and based in Washington, DC.
· Provide the strategic guidance, vision, and management for successful monitoring, evaluation and learning on the project.
· Work closely with senior team members to ensure the strategic and functional integration of all MEL activities as well as active collaboration with donors, other implementers, and local counterparts.
· Develop and implement a MEL plan across all program components including identification of process, output, and outcome indicators.
· Oversee the program’s collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) process in collaboration with the Chief of Party; ensure that the program’s CLA approach is applied with consistency and rigor; and work with the leadership team to apply program learnings in pursuit of adaptive management.
· Produce MEL reports, annual performance plans, and MEL plans for the program team and USAID.
- Postgraduate degree in global health, social sciences, statistics, or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in family planning, global health, or other related field.
- Demonstrated progressive experience in monitoring and evaluation of global health, family planning, and/or finance programs and working with development agencies and organizations, government officials, project beneficiaries, and project staff.
- Proven success in designing and implementing program M&E systems from program initiation to closeout stages.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Experience working on USAID-funded projects.
- A demonstrated commitment to creating a learning environment in a program.
- Familiarity with the application of digital development for health in resource-poor settings.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, analytical, and supervisory skills, and ability to work well on a team.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English; proficiency in another language, especially French or Spanish, is preferred but not required.
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply to the position through our website, https://banyanglobal.com/careers/
About the Organization
Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.