Senior Monitoring Lead
Afghanistan Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity (AMELA)
The purpose of AMELA is to provide monitoring, evaluation, and learning support services/assistance to strengthen the implementation of USAID development programs in Afghanistan, and to build the technical M&E knowledge and skills of USAID/Afghanistan Mission staff and stakeholders. The services provided under AMELA will contribute to supporting USAID/Afghanistan as an effective development organization with strong learning and adaptive management processes.
MSI is seeking a long-term Senior Monitoring Lead, with a solid track-record leading the collection of data in international environments. The candidate will be a development professional with at least 10 years of international development experience and a solid understanding of monitoring and evaluation principles, the design of technically sound data collection instruments and preparation of data reports.
- Assist in the development of a USAID portfolio-wide monitoring and verification (M&V) plan including the specific parameters of site visits, asset verification and data collection for each of the selected USAID projects and associated geographic sites.
- Implement the M&V plan through overseeing site visits to capture and analyze data in a timely and accurate manner.
- Train and supervise local staff to complete M&V work at project sites.
- Prepare report templates and supervise local staff in preparing reports from each site visit.
- Work with USAID to ensure reports are designed and delivered in a way that meets the client’s needs.
- Minimum 10 years of substantive experience with M&E of donor funded projects or other data collection efforts in complex developing country environments.
- Graduate level degree, or commensurate practical experience.
- Strong experience designing data collection instruments and overseeing collection and analysis of data.
- Experience developing data reports.
- Demonstrated ability to work with clients to ensure data products meet their needs.
- Excellent English writing skills and speaking ability.
- Experience in Afghanistan or conflict environment strongly preferred.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.