Senior Monitoring Team Lead,
USAID/Bangladesh Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity, Bangladesh
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com
The Bangladesh Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity will be a central platform for ensuring that all development programs funded by USAID/Bangladesh achieve their intended results through strong performance management of services in an efficient and cost-effective manner, with a focus on monitoring technical support services; evaluation of technical support services; and learning and adaptive management services.
The senior monitoring team lead shall be responsible for overall management and functioning of all third-party monitoring activities, including staff engaged in such activities.
- Oversee all aspects of third-party monitoring activities, including:
- Planning and budgeting for each assigned activity.
- Identifying appropriate staffing levels.
- Securing appropriate qualified staff
- Providing relevant technical guidance.
- Leading consultations with relevant USAID/Bangladesh staff and implementing partners.
- Identifying and executing appropriate agreed-upon methodology, field work, research, reporting and deliverables.
- Graduate degree in research methods, social science, development or a related field.
- At least 12 years of experience in the monitoring of international development projects, preferably in developing countries; project management; research methods; and project design; at least five (5) years of supervisory experience is also required.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing monitoring and verification systems, methods, and tools.
- Knowledge of international best practices in both qualitative study and quantitative survey design and implementation.
- Experience and skills in leading and implementing monitoring methods and tools in third-party monitoring projects.
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis and report writing, as well as excellent interpersonal, writing and presentation skills.
- Capacity to manage complex programs in a multi-cultural environment and in providing consulting services in helping clients analyze problems, devise and adopt solutions.
- Experience working in Bangladesh is desired.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.