Job Title/Grade: Senior New Business Specialist (Grade 8)
Associate New Business Manager (Grade 9)
New Business Manager (Grade 10)
Reports to: Vice President and Chief Growth Officer
Department: Global Health
Date: June 11, 2018
Function of the Position:
This is a mid to senior-level position embedded within the Global Health business unit. Primary responsibilities include; managing proposals; serving as a contributing writer, lead writer, or technical integrator on proposal teams; providing strategic recruitment; and training/mentoring staff. S/he supports multiple, simultaneous new business efforts at different stages of the bid life cycle. Also contributes to management/coordination of new business efforts: pipeline management, resource allocation, strategic planning, quality control and oversight of proposals. Provides day-to-day operational support to Vice President, including tracking and reporting for senior management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Proposal Development: Handle proposal management and coordination of multiple bids, depending on bid size and complexity. Serve as lead or contributing writer and provide proposal integration services. Assure efficient development and submission of clear, readable and responsive technical and cost proposals. Track compliance with DAI controls and proposal processes and procedures, trouble-shooting issues as needed. Mentor junior staff on new business processes.
Marketing: Serve as member of joint marketing/ reconnaissance teams. Develop/draft marketing materials reflective of DAI’s technical strengths and geographic portfolios.
Pipeline Development: Use networks and contacts in support of pipeline development and the verification of specific new business opportunities. Undertake desk-top research, coordinating as necessary with DAI’s market intelligence team.
Other Services: Provide other services, such as technical writing, at the request of the Vice President.
- Grade 8: Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience and a bachelor’s degree or 3 years or relevant professional experience and a master’s degree.
- Grade 9: Minimum of 7 years of relevant professional experience and a bachelor’s degree or 5 year of professional experience and a master’s degree.
- Grade 10: Minimum of 9 years of relevant professional experience and a bachelor’s degree or 7 years of relevant professional experience and a master’s degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in international development, with field experience a plus
- Minimum one year of business development experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Proven experience working independently as well as in a team
- Knowledge of USG thematic and functional policies and regulations
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and writing.
Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Proficiency in a second language, preferably French or Spanish
Supervisory Requirements: None
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. EOE - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
About the Organization
DAI is an employee-owned global development company. For 40 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governments, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 60 countries. Our integrated development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines—crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS and disease control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.