Global Communities is seeking an experienced Senior Nutrition Specialist for the anticipated 5-year, USAID-funded Rwanda Orora Wihaze program. This program will sustainably increase the availably of, access to, and consumption of animal source foods (ASF) through the development of a profitable market. The goal of the program is to increase income for households, increase investment in ASF value chains and to improve nutritional outcomes for children and women of childbearing age.
The Senior Nutrition Specialist will lead the nutrition component of the activity. S/he is responsible for the overall design, implementation, oversight, and reporting of the program’s nutrition objectives. This integration of nutrition interventions in the production and market components of the activity. S/he will closely work with other donors involved in nutrition interventions, the Rwanda Ministry of Health and local health centers to ensure coordinated nutrition interventions.
This will also include coordination with other USAID-funded nutrition interventions.
* Master’s Degree or higher in nutrition, food sciences, public health or related fields (specialized training in nutrition is required);
* Seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in the area of nutrition, especially in managing community-based nutrition programming, is highly desirable, in the international setting;
* Working experience on nutrition policy research and policy advocacy coordination and support to both public and related civil society organizations is desirable;
* Working experience in designing and implementing nutrition sensitive agricultural, dietary diversity, and social and behavior change communication projects is required;
* Experience with food and equipment quality standards would be an added advantage;
* Excellent verbal and written communication in English is desirable; oral and written fluency in Kinyarwanda is required.
Rwandan citizens are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.