Chemonics seeks a senior operational and finance manager for the anticipated multiyear, DFID-funded education programme Partnership for Learning for All in Nigeria (PLANE). PLANE aims to improve learning for an estimated 1.5 million children in Kano, Kaduna, and Jigawa states in northern Nigeria and support state and nonstate systems benefitting 8 million children nationally. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Direct all aspects of financial management, including financial systems implementation, budgeting, risk, expenditure tracking, financial reporting, and accounting
- Oversee operational, procurement, logistical, and administrative functions
- Liaise with the government of Nigeria, stakeholders, and public and private sector counterparts to support programme implementation
- Establish standards and procedures to ensure compliance with British government regulations, Chemonics’ corporate policies, and Nigerian law
- Supervise project human resources management, including recruitment, hiring, training, and performance management
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting, finance, business administration, or a related discipline required; ACA, ACCA, CPA, or other recognised professional accounting certification preferred
- Minimum eight years of relevant experience in administrative and financial management of large, complex donor-funded international development programmes
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage budgets and oversee financial reporting for DFID or other donor-funded development programmes exceeding £20 million in value
- Experience working in politically complex and sensitive environments
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Please apply through https://ChemonicsUK.formstack.com/forms/senior_operational_finance_manager by September 17, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.