Project Overview and Role:
Under the supervision of the COP the Sr. Capacity Building Manager is responsible for building the capacity of partners and other stakeholders with aim of improving their ability to manage and execute USAID education opportunities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the development of a project capacity building strategy for strengthening local organizations.
- Participate in the development and implementation of capacity building plans for local organizations focusing on organizational governance, financial management and internal control systems, procurement systems, human resources, performance management, and organizational sustainability indicators
- Coach local organizations on preparing for pre-award surveys
- Manage a team to deliver capacity building training interventions.
- Contribute to project performance reports, success stories, project presentations, and other public communication pieces.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Significant experience in training or capacity building.
- Experience with USAID programming, education programs preferred.
- Knowledge of the USAID pre-award survey process and preparing organizations to pass
- Experience using technology, online learning platforms and social media platforms to support capacity building.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Spanish and ability to communicate across technical and non-technical audience required.
About the Organization
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. Since 1971, we have assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing, and evaluating programs in HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Palladium has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modelling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran, or marital status.