Senior Partnerships Manager
About the role
The goal of the Senior Manager of Partnerships is to support Viamo’s partnership development efforts with USAID and US government international implementers including contracting organizations and international NGO’s. With little investment to date, Viamo has a successful track record in this area and we are looking to significantly increase our performance.
- Research & Prospecting: Research and identify top implementing partners and consortia teams per USAID opportunities within Democracy & Governance and Education sectors.
- Outreach: Identify and connect with relevant team members. Build and maintain strong relationships with a starting portfolio of 40 organizations. This might include participating in or organizing events.
- Partner: Work with partners to design scalable, sustainable, and effective mobile engagement projects. This includes building relationships, co-designing projects, preparing budgets, and writing concept notes.
- Manage: Lead the proposal development and submission process within Viamo, in collaboration with our Regional Directors and our 20-40 Country Managers.
- Thought Leadership: Become a thought leader within and outside the organization in terms of mobile engagement. Serve as a key leader on Viamo’s business development team in strategizing and prioritizing funding initiatives to help grow the company.
Key Performance Indicators
- Increase the number of annual proposal submissions;
- Improve Viamo’s win rate in Democracy & Governance and Education sectors;
- Strengthen existing relationships and generate repeat partnerships through thought leadership activities
Team and Reporting Structure
- Reports to Viamo’s Director of USG Partnerships
- Successful track record in building partnerships, relationship management, and business development with increasing responsibilities (at least 4-5 years of experience).
- Experience pitching complex ideas and leading partnership conversations with executive or senior leadership teams.
- Superb collaboration skills and experience working cross departmentally to achieve shared goals.
- Excellent problem solving skills and experience working with budgets.
- Enthusiasm for supporting global development programs.
- Ability and flexibility to work outside sector specific requirements including communicating value propositions (e.g. in health, environment, agriculture) for mobile engagement.
- Passion for the role of technology in development.
- Comfortable working with remote teams, startups, and/or social enterprises.
- Experience working on USAID grants and contracts or working with other USG agency procurement processes.
- Multiple years living and working abroad.
- Background or past experience working in democracy and governance and/or education initiatives.
- French language skills.
Viamo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from all candidates. We believe that diverse perspectives help our teams to create innovative solutions and understand our global clients’ needs. In alignment with our values, we are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce without discrimination.
Apply now with a CV and a short cover letter
About the Organization
Mobile technology is revolutionizing how organizations engage with their end users. More than 96% of the world’s population has access to a mobile phone, meaning it is now possible to reach nearly every single person on the planet. Yet 3 billion people living in emerging markets still lack access to relevant, timely, and engaging information in their local languages, and their voices remain underheard. The organizations that serve them lack the technology and capacity to reach them, and many are unaware of the power of mobile technology to meet their organizational goals.
Viamo connects individuals and organisations using digital technology to make better decisions.
With more than 25 million people reached in 2020 alone, we are well on our way to meeting our goal of reaching 50 million people annually by 2023.