CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve development outcomes. We apply a customized, customer-centric business approach to offer greater value to our clients.
Conflict Management Consulting (CMC) provides research, monitoring and evaluation, and technical assistance in challenging, conflict-affected and post-conflict areas. We work for international organizations, governments and civil society, deploying multinational and highly specialized teams of experts. Our staff offer in-depth thematic expertise in a number of areas, including on topics such as peacebuilding, stabilization, migration and social tensions/cohesion, and have served organizations across the Middle East, Europe, Africa and Asia.
CAMRIS and CMC seek an Amman, Jordan-based Senior Performance Monitoring and Learning Specialist for the upcoming USAID Southern Syria Assistance Platform (USAID/SSAP). This will be a three-year activity to holistically assist USAID Syria in its overall monitoring, and its collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA) needs.
The USAID/SSAP mechanism has six key tasks:
* Supporting development and annual review of performance monitoring plans (PMPs), the PMP learning agenda, evaluation questions, and task calendars.
* Supporting development of a system for collecting, analyzing and reporting activity-level data from multiple implementing partners.
* Review activity-level MEL plans submitted by implementing partners, and provide USAID activity managers with recommendations to address weaknesses, inconsistencies, and/or misalignment of indicators, and ensure consistency with USAID policy.
* Collect, analyze, and share context monitoring data.
* Assess baseline data collection plans and collected data, identifying gaps and proposing assessments, surveys, and other data gathering.
* Support planning and conduct of Data Quality Assessments (DQAs), including making site visits to implementing partner field offices.
* This position will be based in Amman, Jordan.
* It is a forecasted position and it is contingent upon contract award.
* Oversee all aspects of third-party monitoring activities, such as planning, budgeting, recruitment of consultants, designing and implementing each assigned activity
* Incorporate MEL considerations into USAID/Syria strategy as it is developed and finalized
* Lead/oversee the review of PMP data, including baseline data collection, analysis of performance indicator data, assess/refine project-level MEL plans, and work to ensure the quality and utility of performance monitoring data
* Support ongoing updates to the PMP and generate reports and presentations
* Assist implementing partners to develop effective indicators and targets
* Conduct data quality assessments (DQAs)
* Design and deliver training in MEL topics for USAID staff
* Identify and secure appropriate short-term technical assistance
* Ensure gender, disability-inclusive, marginalized populations, and conflict sensitive factors are consistently and systematically tracked and reported in accordance with USAID data reporting requirements.
* Ensure all Performance Indicator Reference Sheets (PIRS) for all indicators are complete and robust.
* Manage an internal local team of monitoring specialists, and external short-term consultants.
* Provide relevant technical guidance to project staff and consultants.
* Track, analyze and summarize mission performance monitoring data using graphs, maps, and charts to facilitate mission decision-making.
* At least seven years of professional experience managing a team conducting data collection, analysis, performance monitoring, or research.
* A graduate degree (Masters or PhD) in development studies, economics, international relations, statistics, demography, political science or related fields.
* Demonstrated expertise in indicator development (including context indicators), data collection and analysis, data quality assessments, and statistical methods.
* Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
* Demonstrated experience to build capacity and train staff in the collection and use of data.
* Demonstrated ability in using monitoring data to review program performance, trends, and activity needs and willingness to be flexible and adaptable to respond to new information.
* Substantive experience leveraging performance monitoring data for the improvement of ongoing project management.
* Experience finding and collecting appropriate development data from third party sources.
* Proficiency in presenting data in various visual formats to facilitate comprehension and learning.
* Exceptional proficiency in written and spoken English.
* In addition, familiarity with the Middle East region (and particularly Syria) development issues, and Arabic language skills, is desirable.
*In addition to applying for this position through the CAMRIS Career Website, interested candidates should also send their resumes to email@example.com.
Local candidates are encouraged to apply.