Senior Performance Monitoring and Learning Specialist, USAID Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Activity in Northern Macedonia
The objective of this five-year contract is to holistically assist MEL and collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) over the implementation of the Local Works Program. This will notably include developing a Local Works Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Plan (MELP) and reporting results over the course of program implementation. The MELP will include monitoring progress towards self-reliance and activities’ performance; assessing the validity of programmatic assumptions and changes in the operating environment; evaluating performance and impact; and learning and adapting based on evidence.
SI is seeking a Senior Performance Monitoring and Learning Specialist who will be responsible for leading and managing performance monitoring under this contract. The expected period of performance is five (5) years from the date of contract award with the work to be performed in North Macedonia.
- Conduct Data Quality Assessments in accordance with ADS 201, lead/oversee MEL data, including baseline data collection, compilation, and analysis of performance indicator data
- Conduct other data analysis, formulating project-level MEL plans, and ensure the quality and utility of performance monitoring data.
- Support ongoing updates to the MEL and generate reports and presentations.
- Must possess a degree in economics, knowledge management, or related fields, and a minimum of 5 (five) years of progressively responsible experience managing and building the capacity of a team conducting data collection, analysis, performance monitoring, or research
- Demonstrated expertise in indicator development (including context indicators), data collection and analysis, data quality assessments, statistical methods, and particularly, the use of spreadsheets and databases.
- Experience finding and collecting appropriate data from third party sources.
- Demonstrated ability to build capacity and train staff in data management and use.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, communication, presentation, and facilitation skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Proficiency in local languages (Macedonian, Serbian/Serbo-Croatian, and Albanian).
About the Organization
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.