CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS clients include U.S. government agencies and multilateral and private organizations. Our core practice areas include public health, agriculture, and food security, economic development, education, environment, humanitarian assistance, democracy and governance, monitoring, evaluation and learning, and medical research.
CAMRIS seeks a Senior Performance Monitoring Specialist for an upcoming USAID/Honduras monitoring, evaluation, and learning contract.
Note: This position is contingent on contract award.
- Oversee all aspects of monitoring activities, such as planning, budgeting, recruitment of consultants, designing. and implementing each assigned activity.
- Incorporate MEL considerations into USAID/Honduras strategy as it is developed and finalized.
- Lead/oversee the review of performance management plan (PMP) data, including baseline data collection, analysis of performance indicator data, assess/refine project-level MEL plans, and work to ensure the quality and utility of performance monitoring data.
- Support ongoing updates to the PMP and generate reports and presentations.
- Assist implementing partners to develop effective indicators and targets.
- Conduct data quality assessments (DQAs).
- Design and deliver training in MEL topics for USAID staff.
- Identify and secure appropriate short-term technical assistance.
- Ensure gender, disability-inclusive, marginalized populations, and conflict sensitive factors are consistently and systematically tracked and reported in accordance with USAID data reporting requirements.
- Ensure all performance indicator reference sheets (PIRS) for all indicators are complete and robust.
- Manage an internal local team of monitoring specialists and external short-term consultants.
- Provide relevant technical guidance to project staff and consultants.
- Track, analyze, and summarize Mission performance monitoring data using graphs, maps, and charts to facilitate Mission decision-making.
- At least seven years of professional experience managing a team conducting data collection, analysis, performance monitoring, or research.
- A graduate degree (master’s or PhD) in development studies, economics, international relations, statistics, demography, political science or a related field.
- Demonstrated expertise in indicator development (including context indicators), data collection and analysis, data quality assessments, and statistical methods.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in training staff in the collection and use of data.
- Demonstrated ability in using monitoring data to review program performance, trends, and activity needs and willingness to be flexible and adaptable to respond to new information.
- Substantive experience leveraging performance monitoring data for the improvement of ongoing project management.
- Experience finding and collecting appropriate development data from third party sources.
- Proficiency in presenting data in various visual formats to facilitate comprehension and learning.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish.
CAMRIS International offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Please submit your resume online at CAMRIS.com
. CAMRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by any applicable federal, state, or local law.
About the OrganizationCAMRIS is known throughout the U.S. for its leading edge services to support our national programs and particularly for serving our Veterans. CAMRIS is also known worldwide for excellence serving client programs to improve economic, social, political, and health conditions of people in all parts of the world.
For 45 years, since our first contact with USAID in 1963 and with work in every year since, our most important partner in the international sphere has been the United States Agency for International Development (“USAID”). In fact, CAMRIS has worked with USAID in each year since its founding. Before USAID we assisted its predecessor organizations dating back to the Kennedy Administration in 1961, to address humanitarian needs and to counter instability posed by underdevelopment.
To date CAMRIS has carried out assignments for USAID in 50 countries in all regions and in many technical areas. Today CAMRIS continues this proud tradition as it works on significant USAID assignments in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our current work includes technical assistance to support major USAID-funded initiatives in the areas of Global Health, Democracy and Governance, Development, and Monitoring and Evaluation, and active assignments including several global initiatives and our present work in 24 countries (Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Botswana, Colombia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Indonesia, Iraq, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Russia, Rwanda, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe).
ABOUT CAMRIS INTERNATIONAL
CAMRIS is an International Development Consulting Firm working within the public and private sectors to advance the human and institutional capacities of organizations and communities worldwide.
WHAT WE DO
We apply a combination of proven interdisciplinary, scientific and management approaches to identify, develop and implement the most effective solutions in support of our clients' program goals.
We do this most often in the areas of international development and global health, and selectively in additional areas where our cross-cutting capabilities are well suited to meet the needs of our clients.
We operate in all regions of the world, often in very challenging or austere conditions. At all times our focus is on evidence-based effectiveness, quality, reliability, and sustainability.
We successfully completed initiatives in nearly 80 countries to date.
* Short-Term and Long-Term Technical Assistance
* Program Management Services
* Institutional Support
* Research and Analytic Support
CORE PRACTICE AREAS
* Monitoring and Evaluation
* Capacity Building
* Project Design
* Knowledge Management
* Adaptive Technologies
* Democracy and Governance
* Infectious Diseases
CAMRIS has grown rapidly over the last 5 years to a peak of 200 staff, complemented by highly experienced consultants and collaborating partners and universities.
CAMRIS is headquartered in Bethesda, MD in the Washington DC metropolitan area, with remote offices, operations and worksites in various locations in the U.S. and overseas.
More Jobs from this Organization