Project title: Public financial management support programme II
The overall objective of the project of which this contract is to help improve inclusive public service delivery in the provinces of Sindh, Balochistan and at federal level.
The purpose of this contract is as follows: to strengthen public financial management as well as provincial and sector strategies in Sindh, Balochistan and the federal government.
The project will support the Federal level and each province independently according to the priorities and strategies of each government. The implementation through a single contractor is expected to improve coordination and efficiency in the implementation of the project and the use of resources. The Contractor will propose in the Organization & Methodology an appropriate management and implementation strategy which will incorporate all the requirements of these terms of reference.
Commencement date of the project: January 2020
Duration of the project: 50 months
Qualifications and skills
- A University degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Public Policy and Administration or equivalent (MR);
- Team work skills, good communication and facilitation skills, (PR);
- Proven full working knowledge of English and excellent report writing skills (MR);
- Knowledge of Urdu, Sindhi, or Pashtun is an asset (PR).
General professional experience
- At least 10 years of experience in public financial management reform programmes (MR);
- At least 5 years of experience in Medium Term Budgetary Frameworks (MR);
- Experience in 5 different developing countries (PR), preferably in South-Asia (PR);
- Experience in implementation of EU-funded Programmes (PR).
Specific professional experience
- Minimum 10 years of specific professional experience in developing countries in PFM reform, development and implementation of PFM strategies, action plans and capacity building (PR);
- Experience in the following areas is an asset: MTBF; output based budgeting; public sector accounting systems; debt management, audit (internal and external); revenue collection; taxation; payroll and pension; public procurement; corruption; legislation, regulation, law enforcement; civil service reforms, accounting, ERP system/IFMIS (PR);
- Knowledge of Pakistani institutional settings (MR);
- Experience in Health or Education or Agriculture sector reforms (PR).
About the Organization
Human Dynamics is a leading European provider of consulting services for the public sector with more than 120 projects implemented in 30 countries worldwide. Currently, Human Dynamics and its 300 experts and consultants advise more than 40 ministries and public/government agencies worldwide. You are welcome on our website for more details: www.humandynamics.org