About the role
Crown Agents is looking to appoint a Philanthropy Fundraising Manager to deliver the philanthropy and private sector strategy to secure a new a profitable income stream from U/HNWIs (Ultra-High-Net-Worth Individual), Family Foundations and Corporates.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
In this pivotal role, the candidate will help grow the new income stream to attract income from the philanthropy and global private sector. This role will report directly to the Director of Philanthropy and Private Sector Engagement and work closely with other teams in London and across our country offices. The candidate will contribute to the overall strategy and success of philanthropic income generation. The role will involve networking at fundraising events, producing high-quality proposals, reports and presentations for donors on Crown Agents’ work, and providing administrative support to the Philanthropy and Private Sector team. By helping to build and manage Crown Agents’ philanthropic network, the candidate will help to create a more sustainable funding source for Crown Agents’ work.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF JOB
Contribute to driving and building Crown Agents as a recognised professional and expert destination for global philanthropy and private sector engagement. The candidate will be required to:
- Manage a portfolio of between 60 and 80 existing and new donors, trusts and foundations
- Assist senior members of the Philanthropy teams and clusters in the stewardship and development of £1million+ partnerships
- Actively drive new business by seeking opportunities to network and attending internal and external events
- Develop and implement strategic, culturally-relevant, creative and bespoke donor plans
- Produce high quality written proposals, making verbal presentations tailored specifically to inspire and captivate donors.
- Provide administrative support for the philanthropy and private sector team to enable more efficient donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Any other duties as appropriate to the position, as requested
- A relevant post-graduate degree, desirable
- Typically, 6 years’ experience in managing HNWI / influential/senior relationships.
- A relevant post-graduate degree, desirable
- Understanding of the international development sector (degree level qualification in related field desirable)
The candidate will have outstanding interpersonal skills and a passion for the international development sector to be successful. The candidate will need to have experience in navigating complex organisations and building and managing relationships with high-level stakeholders. As someone with a strong understanding of the principles of major gift fundraising, they will also have:
- Experience of working with the UK and emerging markets.
- Proven experience of producing high quality written communication material.
- Proven experience in finding and cultivating new business opportunities.
- Proven track record of delivering against agreed targets, timescales and objectives.
- Computer literacy: ability to undertake word processing and to access and update databases.
- Exceptional influencing skills with the ability to be credible and persuasive at all levels internally and externally.
About the Organization
Crown Agents is a not-for-profit international development company that works in partnership with our clients to design and implement practical solutions to their needs. We work with ministries, governments, institutions, donors, foundations, philanthropists, and the private sector to tackle the complex challenges they face, whether that is seeking to meet the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), improving the quality of life and opportunities for their citizens, or responding to the needs of a global pandemic.
Our values are courage and authenticity: courage to work in the most challenging contexts and be a disrupter in the face of corruption and complexity; authenticity to ensure that the solutions we help develop are grounded in a solid understanding of our client’s needs and will last the test of time. Whether they are ensuring that local humanitarian organisations across Myanmar are set up to respond to the additional challenges of the Covid-19 outbreak or negotiating the best possible price for cancer drugs for the Government of Ukraine, our people around the globe are committed to achieving a lasting impact in the work that they do.
Often, we work behind the scenes, patiently addressing the ‘nuts and bolts’ core matters, supporting governments and other clients to resolve practically challenging and politically difficult issues that hold back faster and greater progress. What defines Crown Agents’ approach is the way we combine technical expertise and decades of delivery experience with deeply rooted insight that comes from our global footprint and the strong relationships with governments and other stakeholders in the places where we work. We believe there is something unique that comes from our longstanding approach of combining private sector agility with a public service ethos.
We have three broad areas of expertise: supply chain delivery; government system strengthening; and project and fund management. In practice, the services we provide to our clients often draw from across these three, depending on the specific challenges to be addressed: responding to Covid-19; accelerating progress on the most off-track SDGs; or shifting to low carbon development strategies.
About what's on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.