Senior Policy Advisor, Child Rights in Fragile Contexts
World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 40,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
*Position location to be determined by home country of the successful candidate within Eastern North America or Europe where WVI is registered to operate.*
As Senior Policy Advisor for Child Rights in Fragile Contexts, you will engage and advocate toward priority stakeholders through participation in forums, networks and other global level discussions that promote the achievement of child rights in fragile and conflict-affected contexts. This will also include involvement in forums where the participation of children and youth are supported and where a faith-based perspective is valued. This role will be linked to the Fragile Context Expansion Project, one of World Vision’s global strategic initiatives. While the position is focused at the global level, the Senior Advisor will work closely with country-based and regional colleagues to support and link advocacy from local to global levels. This individual will also work closely with the “It Takes a World” campaign team, the Disaster Management, the Peacebuilding Teams, as well as with National Offices and Support Offices. This position could include short term travels to fragile and conflict-affected areas to support the development of relevant policy positions and advocacy strategies.
- Master’s degree in International Affairs, Public Policy, International Development, Conflict, Peacebuilding and Security Studies or related field.
- At least five (5) years’ experience working in child-focused public policy in development, fragility, peacebuilding or humanitarian action.
- Experience in international development, humanitarian action, and/or peacebuilding including practical experience working in a fragile or conflict-affected context.
- Knowledge of policy development in fragile contexts, especially in relation to development aspects of the nexus.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills for policy audiences.
- Understanding of global policy agendas and Official Development Assistance relating to fragile and conflict-affected contexts.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 31 Jan 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.