International Development Group LLC (IDG) is an international development consulting firm that assists donors, governments, and the private sector to achieve sustainable, broad-based economic development and poverty reduction. International Development Group LLC is seeking qualified candidates for the role of Senior Policy Advisor for its Business Enabling Environment (BEE) activity in Armenia. The BEE activity is a Buy-In from USAID Armenia to USAID’s Economic Development, Governance, and Enterprise Growth (EDGE) project.
The purpose of the two year BEE activity is to support the Government of Armenia (GOAM), the Armenian private sector, civil society, and other relevant stakeholders to improve the policies, laws, and regulations (PLR) necessary to foster a climate for competitiveness, investment, and trade through public-private dialogue. It is expected that this activity will contribute to improved enabling environment for trade and investment and increased competitiveness of Armenian private sector in a way that will promote inclusive and sustainable economic recovery and growth and move Armenia along its path to self-reliance and economic security.
The BEE Activity has two components: 1. strengthening the GOAM’s capacity to develop, implement, and enforce PLR; and 2. capacity building to strengthen public-private dialogue to identify, develop, implement, and enforce PLR.
The Senior Policy Advisor will serve as the technical lead of Component 1, delivering technical assistance and providing advisory services to the GOAM. He/she will report to the Project Director and/or Deputy Project Director.
This position is long-term, and the period of performance of the project will be two years. The Senior Policy Advisor will be based in Armenia.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage and oversee implementation of Component 1, including developing the work plan in cooperation with the Project Director/Deputy Project Director and IDG Home Office
· Serve as the technical lead for Component 1, which will include conducting assessments, and drafting and reviewing PLRs
· Design and deliver technical assistance to relevant GOAM institutions on issues related to BEE
· Identify short-term consultants to support the completion of deliverables for Component 1 and supervise and review their work
· Provide regular updates to the Project Director/Deputy Project Director on progress of Component 1 to feed into regular narrative and financial reporting
· Other duties as requested
· 10+ years of policy experience on issues related to economic development, business enabling environment, and/or trade facilitation required. Experience could include: preparation of draft laws and/or regulations; assessment of the impact of laws and regulations on the economy and individuals; assistance with advocacy efforts to bring about policy change; and/or harmonizing laws and regulations and removing barriers to enhance regional trade
· Advanced degree (Master’s or equivalent) from a recognized university in public policy, economics, public administration, business management, social sciences, or a related field
· Prior experience working with donor-funded projects is required
· Prior experience working with GOAM institutions is preferred, but not required
· Professional level of verbal and written fluency in English and Armenian required