Senior Political Economist, Economic Analysis and Performance Evaluation of MCC Senegal Roads Rehabilitation Activity, Senegal
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is pursuing an anticipated evaluation for MCC to provide Economic Analysis and Performance Evaluation for Roads Rehabilitation Activities in Senegal. The objective of this evaluation is to conduct an economic analysis (HDM-4/RED) and performance evaluation (maintenance/transport sector work) of the MCC Senegal Roads Rehabilitation Activity. Given the importance of road maintenance for ensuring that roads reach their expected lifespan, MCC has requested that a full political economy analysis of the factors contributing to and/or hindering the proper implementation of road maintenance be conducted as a part of the evaluation.
SI is seeking a senior political economist to lead the political economy analysis (PEA) of Senegal Roads Rehabilitation Activity. This will be a short-term opportunity over the period of performance, which is approximately 18 months from contract award.
- Lead the PEA of road maintenance.
- Design and lead data collection (desk review, interviews, focus groups) for the PEA of road maintenance.
- Primary author of the PEA portions of deliverables and provide input into other portions of deliverables.
- Master’s degree in political economy, political science, economics or similar discipline.
- 10 years’ experience providing technical and methodological leadership of PEA in the road maintenance sector.
- Demonstrated experience in political economy analysis, preferably in the road maintenance sector and/or in Senegal.
- Demonstrated ability to assess competing political/economic pressures and to assess the difference between policy and actual implementation.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating with developing country governments, ministries and/or local NGOs/CBOs for the design and implementation of evaluations, including addressing weaknesses as needed.
- Experience with MCC is a plus.
- Fluency in oral and written English required, proficiency in French a plus.
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout Senegal
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.