Senior Technical Advisor (Political or Social Scientist, Senior)
This position will provide technical direction and oversight for the Latin America and Caribbean Learning and Rapid Response Task Order (LACLEARN) under the Analytical Services IV (ASIV) Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity Contract (IDIQ). The position is contingent upon award.
This task order, to be managed by the Latin America and Caribbean Bureau’s Office for Regional Sustainable Development (LAC/RSD), will contribute to improving USAID’s Democracy, Human Rights, and Governance (DRG)1work in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) through two primary work streams: 1) state-of-the-art, gender-informed analytical work, assessments, research and special studies; results management support; and training that contribute to sector learning in the region and build an evidence base for effective programing, and 2) targeted short-term technical and analytical activities in transition environments that require rapid response programming support until other funds, mechanisms, and actors can be mobilized. The scope of these two work streams is across all DRG subsectors, including DRG sector aspects of citizen security and violence prevention, and the integration of DRG principles and cross cutting issues (gender, human rights, inclusive development) in other development sectors in the region. These activities support LAC/RSD’s goal of advancing stability and social inclusion in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) by supporting stronger governance, democratic practices and values, and safer communities for citizens.
The Senior Technical Advisor bears primary responsibility for the technical aspects of task order analytical work, including ensuring the rigor and quality of methodological approaches, application of cutting edge evidence and research to task order activities, and providing technical leadership.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or above) in political science, economics, management, international development, or other related field
- Expertise in the key political, social, and economic aspects of Democracy, Human Rights and Governance
- At least 12 years’ experience providing technical expertise across a range of DRG sectors, including rule of law and governance, civil society and media, elections, human rights, citizen security, and political transitions.
- Must have experience conducting complex DRG analytical tasks, such as assessments, political analyses, and research.
- Extensive experience providing technical oversight of analytical products developed by others, such as outside consultants, and in ensuring overall technical quality of the products.
- Experience working for or with USAID or other donor programs in the DRG sector in a variety of foreign contexts is desired.
- Must have at least 8 years’ experience working in Latin America at a senior level
- Spanish language proficiency is strongly preferred. French/Haitian Creole proficiency a plus.
- Strong analytical, communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Advanced spoken and written English communication skills.
All applications and CVs must be submitted in English.
ME&A, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. ME&A will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. For our EEO Policy Statement and a copy of our EEO Policy Statement and information on your EEO rights under the law.
About the Organization
ME&A is a qualified small business, dedicated to providing creative solutions for economic development and social development throughout the world. Our Core Areas of Concentration include Monitoring & Evaluations, Economic and Community Development, Public Administration and Governance, and Business Development and Technology Transfer.
ME&A’s staff of professionals are dedicated to pursuing excellence in the principles, practices and processes of their professions. We are a client-oriented organization committed to upholding the highest of professional standards and being a responsible corporate citizen.
We believe in creative teaming with other partners, maintaining strong professionalism and ethics in meeting our objectives, and utilizing our multicultural skills to better understand and communicate with our clients. ME&A pursues and embraces our client’s organizational and programmatic goals. We work as a team, whereever appropriate, to bring collective knowledge to bear in creating developmental solutions.
ME&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer.