- Assist with administration and regular monitoring of all budgetary, financial, procurement and routine aspects of project delivery;
- Assist with the preparation and submission of budget revision in required formats and in compliance with UNOPS requirements for internal approval, monitoring of funds availability; run budget reports including transactions details and exceptions; Monitor expenditures, verification for accuracy of expenditure requests (COPs, invoices, TECs), completeness of documentation submitted;
- Lead administrative arrangements (e.g. logistics) for conferences/meetings;
- Interact with colleagues, clients and partners to exchange information on administrative issues and seek co-operation. Resolution of routine administrative and process problems, referring complex issues to supervisor with recommendations for course of action;
- Create Requisitions and Purchase Orders (POs), payment requests and certification of payment for consultants; performance of reconciliation activities such as closure and cancellation POs. Inquiries on PO details and activities. Generation of PO reports for expedition, status and details information; and create receipts including information such as distributions,rejections and cancellations;
- Draft procurement awards, contracts, grant support agreements
- Register supplier details in the system and approval follow-ups;
- Monitoring of payments and follow up when problems arise; Review of payment vouchers and supporting documentation for completeness, accuracy, compliance with UNOPS FRRs and correctness of account code charges;
- Analysis of financial reports, investigation and preparation of adjustments as required;
- Maintain contracts and grants tracking plan to review contractor invoices and supporting documentation and ensure that services provided and claims are in conformity with the terms of the contract;
- Act as a focal point with projects on Asset Reporting as per UN MOU requirements.
- Create, import, review, correct and process journal entries in General Ledger. Review and run inquiries included in journal, ledgers, or accounting entries;
- Maintain accurate records of all operational and financial transactions for easy reference and retrieval; efficient document management including file closures, archiving and monitoring due dates for project progress status reports and submission by UNOPS of substantive and financial/budget utilization reports to clients;
- Process travel and expenses according to established procedures and practice;
- Review of international and/or local consultant, staff and consulting firm’s Terms of reference (TOR) to ascertain conformity with work-plans; initiation of recruitment on receipt of client/supervisor clearance. Request of contracts for international programme staff including consultants;
- Support Project Manager in management, implementation monitoring of HR related requests including HR Monitoring Tools;
- Perform backstopping role during the absence of Project Manager, under the overall supervision of a Senior Portfolio Manager.
- Petty cash management
- Operational Advance management including preparation, submission for approval and closure.
Travel and Logistics
- Process travel transactions (authorizations and travel expense claims) including in OneUNOPS system, requests for visas, identity cards and other documents for all personnel, UN officials, and visitors, ensuring compliance with UN rules and regulations.
- Provide information on air services, including itineraries, rates and travel schedules for specific
- itineraries. Processes travel claims in OneUNOPS and purchase orders for travel activities,
- payments, and contracts.
- Lead travel arrangements for meeting participants and personnel, register participants in travel tool, book hotel accommodation and conference venues, arrange transportation.
- Organize shipments, customs clearance arrangements, preparation of documents for UNOPS shipments (received/sent), all necessary documentation, and implementation of follow-up actions
- Prepare documentation for security clearances, processes hotel reservations, organizes airport pickups, hospitality, protocol, customs and immigration support for visiting officials as necessary;
Knowledge building and Knowledge sharing
- Supports the organization and delivery of training and learning initiatives for personnel on Administration-related topics.
- Provides sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice by synthesizing of lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices in Administration.
- Contributes feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and utilize productively
- Maintains unit’s documentation including records and files, ensuring safekeeping of confidential materiall
Performs other duties as may be reasonably required and in line with the incumbent’s scope of services above.
- Secondary education/High school diploma or equivalent is required
- University Degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s) is desirable and may substitute for some of the required number of years of experience.
b. Work Experience
- Minimum five (5) years of progressive experience in administration, finance or programme support.
- Knowledge of OneUNOPS is desirable.
- Familiarity with UNOPS policies and procedures, especially with regard to finance, procurement of personnel, goods and services desirable.
- Excellent computer skills, including productivity tools such as G Suite or MS Office.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Knowledge of a second UN official language will be an asset.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Local Individual Contractor Agreement (LICA)
Contract level: LICA-5
Contract duration: Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availabilty of funds and satisfactory performance
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
About the Organization
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.