Job DescriptionAround the globe, RTI International is working to develop and implement low emission energy technology alternatives, raise private financing for energy infrastructure, work with governments on legal and regulatory reforms to alleviate bottlenecks in energy generation and consumption, and increasing access to green energy to sustain economic growth and reduce poverty. We serve as a chosen partner for USAID’s Power Africa program in sub-Sahara Africa, and we are looking to expand our knowledge and practice to support the development of sound energy infrastructure, enabling energy sector reforms, and grow sustainable, secure energy markets throughout the Indo-Pacific.
To build on these efforts, RTI is seeking a Senior Procurement Advisor for an anticipated upcoming USAID energy project in Southeast Asia. This will be a senior level position, and candidates should have a proven track record of leadership and the ability to navigate complex political environments. This position will be based in Bangkok, Thailand.
• Facilitate investment in the energy space by improving procurement in the energy sector
• Analyze energy procurement systems and make recommendations for improving transparency (auctions, FiT)
• Work with governments to improve/establish quality standards for generation systems to promote best-value procurement
• Perform derisking activities to attract participation of global players
• Help countries match incentive frameworks to match technology maturity and innovative auction options for new technology
• Minimum Master’s degree in economics, engineering, business management, law or other relevant discipline.
• Minimum of 10 years’ of relevant experience in the power sector with a focus on public policy, sector regulation, utility turnaround and improvement, and IPPs with a preference for experience in Southeast Asia;
• Strong preference that are currently based in Southeast Asia
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent leadership, coordination, and organizational awareness skills
• Strong oral/written communication skills and ability to communicate at multiple levels in the organization: and ability to coordinate activities with officials from host country government, US Government, NGO’s, and other agencies;
• Ability to build effective relationships with all clients, peers, and stakeholders
• Ability to work hands-on, independently, and within team.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented setting;
• English language proficiency
About the OrganizationIDG Learning, Energy & Environment for Development