Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Procurement Officer, the Senior Procurement & Logistics Associate ensures provision of efficient and timely support services in procurement, logistics and contract administration. He/she promotes a client-focused, quality and results- oriented approach and provides support to procurement personnel. In the discharge of her/his duties, the Senior Procurement & Logistics Associate works with minimal supervision and liaises with Support Services Officers, Programme Officers, and Portfolio Assistants in order to ensure best support. Summary of key results are as following:
1. Transactional Procurement Support services
2. Procurement planning and systems
3. Requisitions/procurement and sourcing
4. Bidding and tendering
5. Contract administration
6. Logistics and Asset Management
1.Transactional Procurement Support services
Ensures compliance of transactional procurement activities with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies, including undertaking the following
• Execution of necessary steps to embed sustainability in the procurement process.
• Completeness of documentation for preparation/processing of Purchase Orders, Contracts, LTAs or their Amendments.
• Provision of requested research/data on market supply by conducting routine market research to determine sources of supplies, using United Nations Global Market Place, and other external sources;
• Set-up/enhancement and maintenance of the local supplier database, ensuring regular update of data.
• Information databases, all procurement files and records updated and maintained.
• Status reports generated, as required.2. Procurement planning and systems
Ensures team/personnel provision of support to procurement planning and systems, focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Collaboration with projects personnel and Managers in the preparation of their procurement plan;
• Collaboration in the implementation of a procurement management system in respect of planning, awarding, administering and monitoring of all matters related to procurement for the given geographical area / project activity.
• Maintenance and update of procurement monitoring processes for projects and provision of feedback on purchase orders to requesting office;
• Constant liaison maintained with vendors and consignee until safe delivery of goods is achieved. 3. Requisitions/procurement and sourcing
• Provision of proposals to requesting entity on modes for providing goods, works and services, including procurement deadlines for each stage;
• Review of requisitions for completeness;
• Preparation of proper and complete specification for equipment and materials, Terms Of Reference and Statement of Works for the preparation of RFP, RFQ and ITB, ensuring clearance/approval by respective units of the requests
• Drafting of letters, memoranda, faxes, email, etc.; monitoring of progress and liaison with vendors during the entire procurement cycle; investigation and resolution of post-order problems and of progress reports on procurement matters;
• Oral/written responses to queries from projects, clients, companies, etc. regarding procurement related matters
• Availability of all supporting documents for audit and review purposes;
• Database, and intranet maintained on procurement standards and tools, roster of best suppliers, contractors and service providers, activities and statistics.
4. Bidding and tendering
• Assist in preparation of shortlists of suitable contractors/suppliers for purchases of value over designated amounts for approval of designated officer;
• Assit in preparation and issuance of EOI, RFQ, ITB, RFP or other tender documents as required, ensuring their conformity with UNOPS approved templates or seeking Legal clearance in case of required adjustments;
• Together with the requesting programme/operations clients, review and evaluation of bids or proposals received and preparation of analysis for less-complex, contract awards and for submission to the LCPC or other, statutory, designated body;5. Contract administration
Ensures team provision of support to efficient contract administration, focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Follow-up on signing of contracts by vendors;
• Obligation of funds in Enterprise system and obtaining of appropriate signatures for approval;
• Dissemination of contract advertisement and awards;
• Maintenance of contracts and filing system;
• Maintenance of databases/rosters of best suppliers, contractors and service providers, activities and statistics.6. Logistics and Asset Management
• Process tax exemption requests for imported goods by the programme and its contractors;
• Arrange customs clearance of imported supplies, materials, equipment and/or vehicles;
• Receive shipment of Programme’s assets, following RIR protocol and liaising closely with requesting units to ensure accurate deliveries and records; inventories are property bar-coded and entered into the UN ERP inventory management system and WASP;
• Receive and inspect all delivered assets from contractors and suppliers and ensure all stored assets are securely kept, protected, well-organized, and properly accounted for;
• Manage stock take of stores on a monthly basis or whenever requested by the Procurement Officer;
• Update the register for assets, non-expendable property and equipment on regular basis;
Perform any other relevant task assign by the supervisor or Head of Support Services.
Education and Minimum Years of Experience
- First level university degree (bachelor or equivalent) in procurement, logistics, supply chain management, commerce, business administration, or any other related field with a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience OR
- High school diploma with a minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience.
- Relevant experience is defined as experience in procurement, logistics or supply chain management with national, international public or corporate organizations.
- Experience in handling of web-based management system is required
- Knowledge of Iraqi government custom clearance process and procedure is desired
- Computer literacy is required
- Fluency in English, Arabic and Kurdish is required (reading, writing, speaking)
- Fluency in another UN official language is desired
Contract Type, Level and Duration
Contract type: Local Individual Contractor Agreement (LICA)
Contract level: LICA-7 (ICS-7)
Contract duration: Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link: