Note: all the AIIB jobs are located in Beijing, China. All the applications must be submitted via AIIB career portal: Career Opportunities - Career - Opportunities - AIIB, please go to our website to check it (www.aiib.org)
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 103 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
The Senior Procurement Specialist will be responsible for implementing AIIB’s operational procurement policies and procedures, ensuring that their application by recipients of Bank financing is consistent, efficient, fair and transparent and that procurement under an AIIB project is conducted on a fit-for-purpose and value-for-money basis. The Senior Specialist will also be responsible for providing technical guidance and expertise to both recipient and Bank staff to help facilitate successful project delivery.
- As a senior team member take responsibility throughout the project lifecycle of all procurement and contract management, with special emphasis on complex projects with large contracts.
- Provision of sound advice on procurement policy matters to the Director General, Operational Services Department.
- Conduct project procurement risk assessments and provide recommendations of risk mitigation measures on both policy and regulatory compliance and the recipient’s proposed project delivery strategy.
- Review recipient Project Delivery Strategy, procurement plans, tender documentation, tender evaluation reports and contract implementation and management arrangements.
- Review complaints from tenderers/consultants arising from a recipient’s procurement process.
- Review and analyze the suitability of proposed procurement arrangements, including national/agency’s own system, for application by a recipient under an AIIB-financed project.
- Provide business opportunity outreach on AIIB-financed projects to both the international and local business community.
- Provide training on project procurement issues and advice on implementing the Bank’s procurement policy.
- Minimum of 8 - 10 years relevant experience of procurement in infrastructure projects financed by multilateral development banks or equivalent organizations.
- Sound knowledge and experience of international best practice in infrastructure tendering and contracting strategies.
- Professional knowledge of public procurement systems and legislations and international/national procurement policies and procedures.
- Experience working with multilateral development bank(s) and/or other international/bilateral aid agencies on procurement policies and procedures.
- Experience with procurement by private sector entities, non-sovereign operations, PPPs, concessions and similar arrangements, an advantage.
- Strong communication, analytical, project management and problem-solving skills.
- Strong track record of integrity and exposure to the best-in-class process of managing integrity issues with the vendors.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English, knowledge of a language(s) of a country in which AIIB invests would be an advantage.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in engineering, public procurement or related fields from a reputable university; professional Procurement Certification (e.g., CPSM, CIPS) preferred.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Join in AIIB’s mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
About the Organization
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank with a mission to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia. Headquartered in Beijing, we began operations in January 2016 and have now grown to 103 approved members worldwide. By investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors in Asia and beyond, we will better connect people, services and markets that over time will impact the lives of billions and build a better future.