Cardno International Development is currently seeking experienced Senior FIDIC Procurement Specialists for its current and anticipated procurement projects in several sectors including power sector, roads, water sector, etc. Assignments can be in both Francophone and Anglophone countries in Africa, Asia and Europe.
Cardno is an industry leader in providing Fiscal/Procurement Agent services for multiple international donors. Cardno is currently providing Fiscal/Procurement Agent services in over 13 countries in Africa, Asia, and Eastern Europe.
The Senior FIDIC Procurement Specialist will manage, execute, and coordinate tasks related to the procurement of large civil works using FIDIC Red and Yellow Book for the implementation of the Programs in question. Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage the entire procurement process, and execute and coordinate day-to-day procurement functions such as: analyze market conditions, verify technical specifications and BoQs, prepare and launch tender documents, arrange and facilitate site visits or bidders’ conferences, respond to written queries or requests for clarifications, facilitate evaluation panels, prepare evaluation reports, carry out price reasonableness analysis, facilitate contract negotiations, prepare contracts, and conduct debriefings with bidders.
- Plan, schedule, and prioritize the procurement functions, including plans for the efficient procurement the relevant large works. Assist in the preparation of procurement implementation plans, and procurement performance reports.
- Provide advice on the procurement activities of the Program including reviewing contracts related to procurement of large civil works.
- Provide contract administration services including arranging for proper inspection, ensuring compliance with terms and conditions of contracts, addressing delays, troubleshooting problems, assisting in contract amendment, and ensuring completion of works.
- Assure that all procurement activities are performed in a fully professional, transparent, and ethical manner, and that they are in line with procurement regulations and conditions of the grant and implementation agreement. Assist with management and resolution of bid challenges. Protect the procurement activity from fraud, waste, and abuse. Ensure that all approvals and procurement records are kept safely and filed appropriately.
- 10 years of experience working as a procurement professional
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of best practices in procurement procedures, FIDIC documents, project administration and follow-up, and contract administration.
- Prior experience in conducting large civil works procurement
- Experience working with international development procurement guidelines and procedures – especially those of the World Bank or Millennium Challenge Corporation
- Experience working on projects in one of the following sectors: power, roads or water sector
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and experience working with high-level government officials and business executives
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, ideally civil engineering
- Professional procurement qualifications or equivalent specialized training especially in FIDIC
- Fluency in English and/or French– reading, writing, and speaking
Computer Skills –
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office – Outlook, Excel, Word, Project, and PowerPoint
Cardno International Development has a 50-year history of serving the U.S. Government’s foreign assistance objectives. The team brings together a broad range of experience and talent, a rich history of innovation and passion, and an established reputation for high quality services across many sectors. We have offices in Brisbane, Brussels, Dili, Jakarta, Manila, Melbourne, Nairobi, Oxford, Port Moresby, Yangon, and Washington, D.C.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Cardno offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. Cardno is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Opportunity statement for U.S. based applicants: Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.