Population Reference Bureau
Senior Program Assistant
Position Summary: The Senior Program Assistant will serve as a member of the International Programs department. A new position, the Senior Program Assistant will restructure and lead administrative support for the International Programs department. The Senior Program Assistant will be responsible for setting up the processes for international travel and visa arrangements. The Senior Program Assistant will supervise Program Assistants and will assist with organizing meetings and conferences, managing travel arrangements, maintaining participant and contact lists, processing invoices, editing and formatting workplans and annual reports, compiling and sending regular newsletters, compiling training and workshop packets, and streamlining administrative processes when possible. S/he will also assist with staff recruitment and onboarding. The Senior Program Assistant will work closely with the finance and human resource departments. The Senior Program Assistant is not a technical position.
- Manages and coordinates Program Assistant support across the project portfolio of the International Programs department. Supervises 2-3 Program Assistants.
- Develops processes, reference documentation, and training to ensure responsive and high-quality service by Program Assistants. Guides Program Assistants in the application of PRB’s travel, procurement, and other pertinent policies.
- Oversees and arranges logistics for PRB and beneficiary travel as well as international/domestic meetings including flights, visas, hotels, venues, transportation, and insurance. Recommends process changes to improve efficiency and turnaround times. Ensures that PRB travel policies and U.S. Government travel regulations are followed.
- Creates and maintains database of training participants, consultants, media contacts, and other project partners. Responds to data requests.
- Provides logistical support for meetings, seminars, and training workshops including set-up of rooms, conference calls, and virtual meetings.
- Contributes to the production of newsletters, project work plans, training/workshop packages, as well as other donor/internal reports with tight deadlines by collecting inputs, compiling and organizing materials, editing/proofreading, and formatting the final document.
- Performs internet research for projects, compiling results into clear, organized tables to inform development of project materials.
- Reviews and processes for payment invoices and expense reports for project activities, consultants, and senior staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned. May include finding articles and making routine phone calls requesting information.
- Bachelor’s degree and an interest in global health/development issues preferred;
- 3 to 5 years of experience providing administrative and project support to a staff of five or more employees.
- Knowledge of U.S. Government travel requirements including experience with Fly America Act, Federal Travel Regulation / Department of State Standardized Regulations, travel concurrence, visa and procurement requirements.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office required with an emphasis on Excel.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writing, grammatical, and proofreading skills and demonstrated attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to perform multiple tasks and prioritize according to staff needs and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience working or studying in developing countries, or providing administrative support to an international organization with staff based in developing countries, preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- French preferred
- Occasional travel may be involved.
Applications: Please apply at: https://www.infinityhr.com/extranet/recruiting.aspx?id=FDEE3BE7-E8D4-4F72-908C-CF07110E750A&src=PRB website&rqid=853EA1C0-599D-40B0-8973-A923E58D7529
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. PRB has an excellent benefits package, including generous health, leave, and retirement programs.
Please remember to attach your resume and cover letter in the “resume” section.
This position is located in Washington, D.C.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
About the Organization
The Population Reference Bureau (PRB) informs people around the world about population, health, and the environment, and empowers them to use that information to advance the well-being of current and future generations. PRB analyzes complex demographic data and research to provide the most objective, accurate, and up-to-date population information in a format that is easily understood by advocates, journalists, and decision makers alike. PRB also builds coalitions and conducts workshops around the world to give our key audiences the tools they need to understand and communicate effectively about population issues. PRB works to ensure that policymakers in developing countries and in the United States rely on sound evidence, rather than anecdotal or outdated information, when creating population, health, and environmental policies. All of our content is available at www.prb.org.