Creative Associates seeks a Senior Program Assistant for its Citizen Security Practice Area. The Senior Program Assistant works under close supervision performing entry level day-to-day work tasks within their project area, which may include project backstopping support. Projects assigned are small to mid-sized projects in a practice area. This position provides routine support to Project Manager(s), program support staff, and field team members. The Senior Program Assistant relies on increasing experience in the execution of administrative activities, implementation of project work plans, and project management decisions. The incumbent also begins to play a periodic role on business development activities, specifically providing proposal development support and assisting senior staff who are responsible for technical program design and implementation. The position is based in Washington, DC and requires some international travel for both project and reconnaissance activities in the field.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Senior Program Assistant will report to a Project Director within the Citizen Security practice area.
- Assist field teams and manage implementation of a portfolio of assigned projects;
- Track and monitor activities related to project procurement of materials and services;
- Process invoicing and payment documentation for assigned projects in accordance with U.S. government regulations and Creative’s policies;
- Provide proposal development support.
- Performs regular technical, financial, and administrative backstopping tasks for the field project team;
- Reviews and processes project invoices ensuring proper documentation and transaction compliance;
- Develops and monitors consultant agreements; coordinates travel arrangements and timely payments;
- Maintains working knowledge of company administrative, financial systems, and operating procedures, including Creative’s project management systems;
- Works with support divisions in HQ–including HR, Contracts, Procurement, Field Operations, Communications, and Finance–to support project needs as they arise;
- Builds knowledge of contract requirements, deliverables and budgets, and manages files;
- Supports expatriate and TCN personnel, as needed;
- Conducts research in support of project activities;
- Assists with the planning and coordination of reconnaissance and fact-finding trips in preparation for bids; travels periodically on a short-term basis to project sites, or on reconnaissance, if needed; and
- May represent the practice area before other Creative teams, clients and critical audiences.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field;
- Strong writing and editing skills;
- Excellent communication and analytical skills;
- Strong organizational and administrative skills;
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently;
- Ability to multi-task under tight deadlines;
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, etc.);
- Ability to travel internationally on short notice; and
- Fluent in Spanish.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience studying or working in the Latin America and Caribbean region.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.