R4D’s Nutrition Practice works with global and country change agents to find solutions to complex challenges that impede progress towards achieving the global goals for nutrition. Our growing nutrition team works across a broad range of areas, including:
To support this mission, R4D seeks a highly motivated and dynamic Senior Program Associate (SPA) to join our rapidly growing Nutrition Practice to support various nutrition-related projects spanning across multiple sub-practices. This position is based in Washington, D.C., and will report to the Nutrition Practice’s Senior Program Officer.
Responsibilities will encompass a range of tasks related to research, analysis, project management, and communications.
- Support qualitative and quantitative analytical activities
- Conduct literature reviews and formative research, including the facilitation of key informant interviews and focus group discussions
- Prepare highly polished presentations, reports, briefing materials, and other products such as blog posts, newsletters, meeting summaries, thought pieces, and e-communications on analysis and key topics of interest
- Other research support as necessary
- Managing discrete workstreams of projects
- Support a range of project management tasks, including: developing contracts, budgeting and expenditure tracking, and funder progress reports; organizing meetings and workshops
- Foster current and future collaborative relationships with partners
- Contributing to business development by drafting scopes of work, developing budgets and work plans, and coordinating with colleagues on compilation of proposals.
- BA + 3 years or MA + 1 year of relevant professional experience
- Strong academic record in economics, international nutrition, global health, public policy, public health, or related discipline
- Strong research and analysis skills including familiarity with Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent writing, editing, and presentation skills, including the ability to synthesize technical content into effective presentations
- Enthusiastic about joining a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Ability to function flexibly and independently and have a strong commitment to excellence and attention to detail
- Willingness to travel up to 25% to developing countries in South Asia and sub-Saharan Africa
About the Organization
Results for Development (R4D) is a leading non-profit global development partner. We collaborate with change agents around the world — government officials, civil society leaders and social innovators — to create strong systems that support healthy, educated people. We help our partners move from knowing their goal to knowing how to reach it. We combine global expertise in health, education and nutrition with analytic rigor, practical support for decision-making and implementation and access to peer problem-solving networks. Together with our partners, we build self-sustaining systems that serve everyone and deliver lasting results. Then we share what we learn so others can achieve results for development, too.
We have a unique and vibrant culture at R4D. Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of our work environment and help advance our mission. Diversity—of ideas, identities, perspectives and backgrounds—is vital to who we are and what we do. We seek people who embrace these values and will help reinforce them. Our work culture is collaborative, creative and entrepreneurial. We operate based on trust and respect. Teams across the organization frequently collaborate on programmatic work and support each other in continuously building a better R4D.