Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
Dexis is seeking an experienced Senior Program Development Officer for the upcoming USAID/Kenya Countering Violent Extremism (CVE) project. The program empowers communities and government institutions to take the lead in CVE. The project will build CVE knowledge and skills among at-risk populations and empowers local, sustainable CVE networks to take action to address violent extremism.
This is a full-time position supporting an anticipated five-year project based in Nairobi, Kenya. This position is contingent upon award.
- Supervise and guide programs staff on activity development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting as it relates to transitional governance, conflict, and mitigation activities.
- Ensure activities are aligned to implementing the overall program strategy.
- Ensure all program implementation is in accordance with USAID and Government of Kenya regulations and procedures.
- Build and maintain a network of local grantees, identify key local community leaders, civil society partnerships, donors, and other stakeholders.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of the monitoring, evaluation, and learning system and direct programs staff to integrate a monitoring and learning agenda with grantees.
- Guide research and analysis on national, regional, and local politics, and direct program staff in creatively designing grants that address both the current country context and overall program objectives.
- Identify program opportunities and potential local partners in coordination with program leadership and programs staff.
- Work with the COP, Operations Manager, and other relevant parties to support security of persons, information, and goods directly related to implementation of individual activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in peace studies, conflict resolution, international development, international law, counterterrorism, criminal justice, sociology, or related field.A minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience working in complex, high-speed, and/or challenging field operations in developing countries.
- A minimum of one (1) year of supervisory experience.
- Experience with activity design, as well as development and management of projects, involving activities at either the community level or national level.
- Experience with grants management.
- Financial management experience, including budgeting, financial management (tracking, reporting and accounting, and procurement).
- Fluent in English and Swahili.
- Experience with a donor, contractor, or international NGO managing an office or program.
- Experience supervising culturally and geographically diverse staff.
- Experience with in-kind and/or small grants.
- Experience working in complex political transition and/or conflict environments.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in establishing systems and overseeing program start-up under limited time constraints.
- Experience with remote management in security-challenged environments.
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a “find a way or make a way” business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes “all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.