The Kaizen Company (Kaizen) is an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. We are seeking candidates for a full-time Senior Program Management Coordinator position based in Washington, DC. Kaizen’s primary clients are U.S. Government organizations such as USAID and the Department of State. We implement exciting and innovative project both abroad and in the United States.
Senior Program Management Coordinators at Kaizen serve a dual role which includes managing USG-funded projects, and contributing to new business (i.e., supporting proposal development efforts). The position requires a self-starter with a high level of flexibility, creativity, and commitment to excellence. Successful team members at Kaizen thrive in fast-paced and dynamic work environments. Kaizen’s culture is energetic, collegial, and fun; and places strong emphasis on industry-leading performance at all levels.
Candidates should possess solid project management experience on USAID-funded projects, excellent oral and written communication skills, and an interest in working in a challenging environment that presents many opportunities for personal growth. Illustrative responsibilities and qualifications for the position are listed below:
- Serve as Home Office Senior Program Management Coordinators for donor-funded programs including contributing to overall operational backstopping, managing project budgets, working on a regular basis with international field offices to ensure financial and contractual compliance, managing field personnel and subcontracts, and liaising with the client and partners on operational issues
- Contribute to and support program technical work, work plans, and M&E plans
- Support Kaizen’s proposal development efforts, including personnel recruitment, proposal coordination, writing sections of the technical proposal, preparing cost submissions including budgets, and liaising with partners
- Contribute to startup teams and activities for new projects in the US and abroad
- Contribute to select Kaizen strategic initiatives and projects including Kaizen’s innovation design and testing activities, improving knowledge management and human resource development, and providing input into strategic decisions
- Masters’ degree in business administration, international development, or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience working with USAID-funded programs
- Strong experience contributing to proposals for USG-funded initiatives
- Demonstrated capacity for managing multi-year program budgets, and familiarity with FAR, AIDAR and ability to learn other USG regulations that apply to Kaizen’s current and upcoming initiatives
- Strong writing skills are necessary
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to balance and prioritize diverse tasks with limited oversight
- Natural dedication to Kaizen’s Core Values, Vision, and Mission
- Fluency in one or more foreign languages is a strong plus
About the Organization
The Kaizen Company (Kaizen) is a development consulting firm that cultivates innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. For more than a decade, Kaizen has brought innovation into the world of donor-funded international development in Africa, Central Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America/Caribbean, the Middle East, and Southeast Asia.
In parallel, Kaizen has been incubating innovations to scale through market forces to achieve development objectives without the need for donor funding. Our proven solutions catalyze locally driven organizational and institutional performance improvements and establish communities of practice that facilitate peer-to-peer learning and the achievement of shared goals.
We leverage existing knowledge, technology, and new media, and local peer networks to support local reforms. Since our inception, we have provided support to more than 100 government, private-sector, and non-profit organizations in markets worldwide.