Location: Based in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo, with travel to project locations throughout the DRC
IMA World Health is seeking a Senior Program Manager to provide project implementation oversight and contribute to business development efforts. This position will work closely with the Country Director, Operations Director, Deputy Country Director and other key staff to lead management of several USAID, OFDA, Global Fund and other donor funded projects. This position will also contribute to building IMA/DRC’s program portfolio.
Key responsibilities include:
Program Management and Oversight
- Supervises project managers to ensure projects results are met, including tasks such as timely deliverables and financial report submissions, execution of subcontracts.
- Assists in developing, monitoring and revising budgets; supervise the project budget management and expenditure, in collaboration with project managers and HQ staff, ensuring budgets are spent according to donor rules and regulations.
- Oversee operational program performance in collaboration with the Operations Director in issues such as timely sub-award development, procurement, and staff recruitment. Identify and troubleshoot operational implementation concerns
- Lead communication with donors, government partners, and other key stakeholders to share project status, progress and key deliverables.
- Conducts field site visits to ensure that project is progressing according to plan.
- Establish routine communication mechanisms with project staff through staff meetings and other means to ensure project implementation concerns are discussed and addressed
- Collaborate and communicate regularly with IMA/HQ on all programmatic, subaward, financial, and compliance aspects
- Identify and document best practices and lessons learned to improve DRC program portfolio performance
- Provide technical guidance to DRC’s program portfolio in area of technical expertise
- Identify partnerships and business development opportunities
- Prepare proposal budgets and budget narratives
- Contribute to proposal development, including technical design, writing proposal sections, M&E plan development
- Review award terms and conditions; represent IMA in contract negotiations
- MS/MA in public health or related field; 5- 7 years’ relevant experience with international development programs required; overseas field experience required; DRC specific experience preferred
- Prior experience working in public health, neglected tropical disease, education, malaria, health systems strengthening, and/or sexual and gender-based violence.
- Experience with Global Fund, OFDA, DFID and USAID funded projects; demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong communication skills, including English writing skills
- French language fluency and skills required. Fluent in local languages a plus.
- At least 2 years of experience supervising staff and team leadership
- Experience working with professional and support staff in a multicultural, multi-linguistic environment, extremely flexible, adaptable, and resourceful.
- Experience in working with government and NGO/FBO/CBO sectors.
- Able to travel up to 30% within DRC.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Other experience in Tableau, DHIS2, and/or other data analysis tools a plus.
- Willingness to support IMA World Health’s Mission.
About the Organization
With a mission to restore health and healing to those most in need, IMA World Health is a non-profit, faith-based organization that offers extensive expertise in health systems strengthening as well as neglected tropical diseases, malaria, HIV, non-communicable diseases, and sexual and gender based violence programs in some of the most challenging and post-conflict settings throughout Africa, Asia, and the Caribbean.