Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.
The primary function of the Senior Program Manager position is to provide high-level program management assistance to projects with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) in Dexis’ Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning division. The role involves direct client and partner relationships; team management and supervision; high quality project management, including financial management and contract compliance; provision of technical assistance to select projects; and market analysis for new business opportunities. The Senior Program Manager will work collaboratively with partners, colleagues and client teams as a bridge between specific projects/contracts and Dexis corporate units. The Senior Program Manager is expected to communicate clearly and courteously; to develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, consultants, collaborators, co-workers, field sites; and to work respectfully with Dexis colleagues. The job requires adherence to Dexis policies and procedures, as well as all relevant USG regulations.
This will be a corporate position whose initial assignment will be full-time oversight of operations for and close-out for the final contract year of a highly-successful project. Pending award of the follow-on and or other opportunities, the incumbent will have a direct say in their next assignment.
- Serve on Management Team of assigned contract/project to manage and oversee all operations of assigned project/contract, including contracting, finance, cost performance, recruitment/hiring, and other corporate oversight functions, in close coordination with Dexis corporate units.
- Work with the project/contract Leadership Team to manage the contract budget and billing, including scenario and resource planning.
- Supervise and manage the project/contract’s Project Management Unit, which executes day-to-day support to on-site projects and ensure full range of corporate resources are available.
- Act as the project/contract’s primary interface and liaison for clients and contracting officers on all corporate-related issues (contracts, finance, HR, etc.).
- Work with project technical leads to oversee personnel and technical management of tasks, ensure timely project deliverables, assess contractual performance, and adjudicate any outstanding issues with specific attention to contract close-out.
- Provide supervision, training, and direction to both project and headquarters staff.
- Work with other Dexis support units (e.g. contracts, recruitment, security) to formulate ideas for process improvements.
- Create processes, standard operating procedures, knowledge management solutions, and trainings to implement improvements to overall project operations.
- Work on new business capture and bids with active involvement in technical writing, recruitment, and other aspects of the process.
- Other duties as TBD
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum ten (10) years’ work experience OR Master’s degree and minimum (8) years’ work experience in managing complex projects
- Documented experience with and lessons-learned from effective project close-out and transitions
- Experience starting-up contracts/projects
- Experience managing collaborative teams
- Experience with USAID strongly preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Professional references commenting on work style
- Positive attitude and ability to work with others constructively and collaboratively
- Familiarity with USAID essential
About the Organization
Winner of the 2014 Small Business of the Year at the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and working in nearly 90 countries in FY 2015 for USAID and the Department of State, Dexis supports US federal agencies in the areas of program monitoring and evaluation, program learning, and program support. We are not only one of the fastest growing firms in international development, we are rated among the highest among our peers on employee-reviewed sites.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.