Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC), a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), is dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control. The project provides strategic technical assistance (TA) and direct service delivery (DSD) to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, and treatment programming.
EpiC’s four main objectives are to:
1. Attain and maintain HIV epidemic control among at-risk adult men, women, and priority populations
2. Attain and maintain HIV epidemic control among key populations (KPs)
3. Improve program management, health information systems, human resources for health (HRH), and financial systems to attain and maintain epidemic control
4. Support the transition of direct funding and implementation to capable local partners in order to meet PEPFAR’s goal of providing 70 percent of its funding to local partners by 2020
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for providing program management support to a global program, including development of subawards with global and regional partners, start-up support of the global program as well as field support buy-in countries. The Senior Project Manager will work closely with the Deputy Director, Program Management and Project Director to respond to USAID requests, liaise with Program Backstops to ensure smooth start-up of field activities, provide quality control review of subgrants and support development of project deliverables.
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- Provide support to program management including development of annual global and field support workplans, ensuring smooth program implementation in the field, track performance against project timelines, budget, objectives, and deliverables.
- Serve as point of contact and interacting independently with field-based colleagues and USAID/mission contacts (as required), using good judgment to monitor and address issues in a timely manner, and keeping senior project management apprised of activity progress.
- Support oversight of global and regional partners
- Provide support to the Project Director and Country leads to respond to USAID requests
- Elevate issues to Deputy Directors or Project Director if needed
- Build capacity of field staff in subawards and other FHI processes
- Coordinate technical assistance in finance, M&E and technical issues as needed
- Provide input to overall staffing structure and budgeting of staff, support hiring and orientation of field staff, support country lead with HR issues including performance issues, salary and benefits, etc.
- Recruit consultants following FHI procedures, negotiate daily rates and number of days, oversee consultancy agreements
- Work with Finance Manager and country team on overall FS budget and budget monitoring
- Ensure high quality program subawards (subcontracts, purchase orders, sub-award, consultant agreements, etc.) in a timely manner
- Lead the start-up of new countries and coordinate project close-out
- Backstop a portfolio of countries as assigned
- Assist with the preparation of project deliverables (including reports, EMMPs, etc.) and documenting program activities and deliverables for assigned portfolio or country programs.
- Respond to programmatic, financial, administrative, and logistics needs and requirements generated from project leadership
- Coordinate the provision of technical and management support to country programs to ensure timely achievement of project objectives and deliverables (e.g. managing employee and consultant hiring process including recruitment, interviewing, and development of solicitations and scopes of work, engagement of global and regional partners for TA).
- Ensure compliance with FHI 360 procurement and financial reporting procedures by field-based programs and serving as a resource to field finance and administrative staff on procurement and payment procedures.
- Serve as the liaison for internal units, such as Accounting, Travel, Contracts, Business Services, and others.
- Maintain and update project tracking sheets for deliverables, contracts, and accruals, as well as maintaining relevant project files.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Masters preferred) or its International Equivalent - Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
- Project Management (PM) Certification preferred.
- Minimum of 8 + years’ experience with program management, cross- cultural communications, US Government rules and regulations.
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Fluency in French or Spanish preferred.
- Prior team lead experience and supervisory experience preferred.
Typical Physical Demands:
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
About FHI 360: FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Progam Officer