DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition - we provide world class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world. For more information please see: www.dt-global.com.
DT Global is seeking a Senior Program Manager for an upcoming USAID funded project. The availability of this role is contingent upon project award and donor funding. Should you wish to be considered, please submit a resume and cover letter for consideration.
DT Global is seeking a home office Senior Program Manager (Sr. PM) to support the economic growth and trade programs. The Sr. PM will pursue and manage USAID projects that assist the private sector in developing countries to improve trade and exports, value chain competitiveness, develop market systems, increase workforce readiness, expand small business participation in industries, and prepare enterprises to meet the demands of new markets. The Sr. PM will oversee the home office project management unit (PMU) for the existing Private Sector Development project portfolio and lead the development of a strategy to pursue new business. The Sr. PM supports overall operational, contractual and financial management of the project and management of field office operational staff. S/he serves as DT Global’s operational representative to client technical representatives and contracting officers for one or more projects as well as the overall leader for implementation of the project contract(s). The Sr. PM will lead the home office PMU and all home and field office activities, ensuring effective and efficient coordination between the two offices. The PM will supervise one or more Program Managers and/or Associate Program Managers, providing guidance, training, and mentorship as part of the PMU or the broader team. S/he also plays a lead role in business development from capture through proposal preparation, including information gathering, technical solution design, staffing, and partnering. The Sr. PM will report to the Vice President or her/his designee.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as leader of the PMU when designated as Engagement Manager, responsible for overseeing all home and field office activities, and ensures effective and efficient coordination between the two offices
- Oversees day-to-day project implementation to ensure their successful completion within budget and scheduled time frame, from award through closeout
- Serve as an DT Global representative to USG clients at senior levels throughout the project life cycle, including startup and closeout meetings; regular correspondence regarding implementation progress; as-needed problem solving; and delivering presentations on the project to a variety of actors
- May be charged with directly supervising the Chief of Party of designated programs, including regularly discussing program performance and professional successes and challenges and conducting annual performance evaluations
- Support project start-ups and closeouts as needed, including regularly traveling to the field to support project initiatives and backfill project leadership as necessary
- Monitor consultant and subcontractor performance
- In conjunction with the contract’s representative, takes accountability for project processes including contractual quality assurance and compliance
- Train, mentor and supervise Program Managers and/or Associate Program Managers
- Manage team dynamics and workload; communicate with senior management about any resource needs
- Oversee formatting and submission of all project deliverables the Prime Contractor and DEC and proper archiving
- Help identify and vet USAID Private Sector Development proposals to select those opportunities that offer the best chance for DT Global to win.
- Lead capture efforts for priority new business opportunities, including participating in scoping trips to gather information on the country context, learn about USAID hot button issues, inform the technical approach, identify strong local partners, and initiate local recruiting efforts.
- Lead proposal development, including technical approach, staffing and partnering strategies and negotiations, and decisions on information gathering trips, and oversee cost development.
- Responsible for overall project financial management and compliance, including overseeing accruals, pipelines, and cost-to-complete reports prepared by the Program Manager for both DT Global and clients
- Monitor project budgets and approve budget modifications drafted by PMs to be reviewed by Contracts Team
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, including International Relations, Political Science, Government, Business, International Development, or relevant work experience required. A minimum of 8-10 years direct USAID project management and support experience, responsible for overseeing project implementation and business development initiatives; a minimum of 3 years supervisory experience, Or
- Master’s degree in related field, including International Relations, Political Science, Government, Business, International Development, or relevant work experience required. A minimum of 6-8 years direct USAID project management and support experience, responsible for overseeing project implementation and business development initiatives; a minimum of 3 years supervisory experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience successfully writing and leading USAID proposals
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, including Economics, Business, International Development, or a related field
- Substantial experience in backstopping USAID projects and extensive knowledge of USAID regulations and policies (including AIDAR and FAR), especially as they relate to contracting and procurement, especially in conflict affected countries such as Afghanistan
- Solid background in managing large programs, including complicated budgets
- Previous experience mentoring and managing junior and mid-level level staff
- Ability to travel abroad on short-term assignments, at times with very little notice
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work independently and on a team
- Strong organization and prioritization skills and attention to detail
- Advanced degree in relevant field
- Direct program management experience in Afghanistan
- Experience living or working in developing countries
- Fluency in a second language: French, Spanish or Arabic
What we Value:
- Autonomy and proactivity around driving work to completion in the face of ambiguity and challenges;
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities;
- We value individuals who are team players and interact positively with colleagues and clients;
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems individually and as part of a team, while respecting individual team members’ roles, strengths, and communication styles;
- Strong organizational and communication skills, the ability to perform effectively within tight deadlines.
This role is contingent upon project award and donor funding. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
This job description is subject to change at any time.