The Cooperative Threat Reduction Senior Program Manager (CTR SPM) is responsible for managing CRDF Global activity on all programs funded by the Department of State’s office of Cooperative Threat Reduction. This $20m portfolio focuses on chemical, biological, and nuclear security threats in over 50 countries. The CTR SPM will manage a complex set of activities across the organization, and be responsible for client relationship management and funding renewal. This includes standardization of budget management and implementation processes between teams and divisions, and development of effective partnership strategies with the funder and other organizations. The ability to communicate effectively, build consensus, and interact with subject matter experts in the field in academic, non-profit, industry and government sectors is essential to successful performance.
- Manages a complex portfolio of programs across the organization, working collaboratively with the team leads (Biosecurity Engagement Program, Chemical Security Program, the Partnership for Nuclear Threat Reduction, and other CTR-funded programs as identified).
- Serves as the single point of contact for the funder and will interface directly with CTR on all high-level operational and agreement-related matters. Responsible for managing the relationship with the funder.
- Manages and tracks multiple program budgets and spending at agreement and team levels, and provides input on CRDF Global annual budget.
- Advises teams on emerging government priorities related to nuclear, chemical, and biological security and ensures situational awareness across all implementation teams.
- Coordinates process and reporting efforts between programs to ensure consistency of information for the funder and efficiency of execution for CRDF Global, including monitoring and evaluation efforts.
- At least 10 years work experience, including 3-5 years of program management or organizational leadership
- Experience working on international programs
- Experience working with USG clients, including federal grant or contract management experience
- Experience in budget development and financial reporting
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Strong management experience, including matrixed management
- Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s preferred
- Excellent and effective written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with a wide range of individuals from varied backgrounds at all levels within an organization
- Strong negotiating skills
- Willing and able to travel internationally and domestically
CRDF Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) CRDF Global provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
CRDF Global offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
About the Organization
Founded in 1995, CRDF Global is an independent nonprofit organization that promotes international scientific and technical collaboration through grants, technical resources, training, and services. Based in Arlington, Virginia with offices in the Eurasia and MENA regions, CRDF Global works with more than 40 countries in the Middle East, North Africa, Eurasia, and Asia. We specialize in bringing isolated scientific communities into the scientific mainstream through a variety of science engagement and capacity-building programs. CRDF Global encourages science cooperation between countries where official relations are strained.
CRDF Global believes that the world’s scientists and innovators must work together to help solve today’s global challenges in such areas as global health; nuclear, biological and chemical security, and water, food, energy nexus. Through collaboration, scientists and innovators also enhance international understanding that can help to improve relations between countries. Our distinction lies in our ability to offer programs that empower grantees at every stage of science and tech innovation combined with our deep understanding of international grant and financial management processes.