At World Vision, we’re changing children’s lives every day. One that moves beyond just clean water or food or healthcare to offer a full solution to poverty. We want children to have everything they need to thrive, both physically and spiritually, so they can experience the kind of life God intends - life in all its fullness. Share your experience so you can share a full life with children in need. View our ”Who We Are” clip (or at http://bit.ly/2eEoTAv).
We are looking for a Senior Program Manager for our Sponsoring Programming Team (SPT) within the International Programs Group (IPG). IPG supports World Vision’s field programs by ensuring adequate funding from private, public, and sponsorship resources and strong program management that is in line with the donor promise. The SPT is made up of highly energetic, skilled, and passionate individuals who focus on providing field-facing support to ensure that we are being the best stewards of our donors’ generous gifts in the best interest of children and communities through strategic program oversight and country portfolio management. You will also be a critical voice to our internal stakeholders to support our marketing, leadership, and operations teams to ensure mutual transformation of children, communities, and donors.
Contribute to the International Programs Group’s program quality oversight for Sponsorship programming to ensure program integrity and alignment with sponsorship promise. Provide leadership in the aspects of portfolio sponsorship funding strategy implementation and program oversight and program support to sponsorship revenue generation. Serve as global technical officer for WVUS and as key partner to World Vision Global Center Sponsorship and WVUS Sponsorship Product Team. Help carry out our Christian organizations mission, vision, and strategies. Personify the ministry of World Vision by witnessing to Christ and ministering to others through life, deed, word and sign.
- Keep Christ central in our individual and corporate lives. Attend and participate in the leadership of devotions, weekly Chapel services, and regular prayer.
- Oversee a WVUS sponsorship portfolio to ensure national office fiduciary compliance to the sponsorship promise and industry standards. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Review and approval of designs for community engagement and sponsorship plans and multi-year area program plans.
- Review and approval of program start-up and transition decisions.
- Review and approval of strategic sponsorship reserves utilization within respective portfolio.
- Represent to field partners WVUS’ position on program impact expectation and donor requirements.
- Operationalize WVUS’ multi-year sponsorship funding strategies and allocations within the assigned portfolio. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the portfolio’s multi-year sponsorship investment and registered children plan, allocation, and transitions according to WVUS’ funding and allocation strategy.
- Represent and clearly communicate WVUS’ design/monitoring/evaluation expectation and processes affecting sponsorship investment decisions.
- Obtain from the WVUS Program Shared Services Team the portfolio level learning and synthesis/analysis from program’s’ progress and evaluation reports to inform portfolio level decisions and directions
- Obtain form the WVUS/IPG Finance Team regular analysis on the use of sponsorship resource to monitor performance and inform future allocations.
- Monitor WVUS’ ability to fulfill multi-year field commitment, identify gaps and opportunities.
- Partner with WVUS’ representation in relevant Program Support Team mechanism to ensure portfolio support and investment discussion are in alignment with WVUS’ sponsorship program focus and funding strategy.
- Provide support to sponsorship revenue generation activities respective to the assigned portfolio. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure timely communication with appropriate internal teams and relevant stakeholders regarding major risks related to portfolio.
- Identification of portfolio related opportunities.
- As assigned, provide lead role within the team in one of the following sponsorship portfolio management aspects:
- Global sponsorship funding strategy, allocation and operationalization.
- Standardized fiduciary compliance and portfolio oversight.
- Sponsorship revenue generation support and influencing global policy/guidance.
- Collaborate with appropriate IPG teams supporting the same field portfolio to ensure consistent WVUS positioning and integrated support for optimum ministry impact.
- Provide on-boarding support and ongoing capacity building program management and pre-positioning to colleagues and teammates.
- Conduct appropriate and useful field visits to assist the office, ensuring communication and coordination with appropriate staff members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work collaboratively with team members when assigned to work as part of a team.
- Keep informed of organizational announcements, activities and changes via regular reading of the WVUS Intranet and other corporate communication tools.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (eight years). Master’s degree in related field such as international relations, social sciences, etc. preferred. In addition to education or education equivalent, requires a minimum of 6-8 years of relevant professional experience, preferably with international relief and development or child sponsorship NGO field experience. Demonstrated understanding of community-based design, monitoring and evaluation required, sponsorship service operations preferred. Non-profit fundraising knowledge and work experience is an advantage. Multilingual skills preferred and cross-cultural skill and aptitude required. Strong skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
Washington, District of Columbia, United States or Federal Way, Washington (Seattle Suburb)
Working Environment / Conditions
Standard office environment. Up to 25% travel (domestically and internationally).
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.