Dexis Professional Services (DPS), a wholly-owned, independently operated business unit established in 2016 to provide support services to United States Government (USG) agencies that were previously provided by the parent company, Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis). Committed to excellence in institutional support and staff augmentation, DPS draws on the parent company’s 15+ years of experience fielding domestic and overseas technical, operational, professional and managerial staff for various USG clients.
Dexis Professional Services is seeking a Senior Program Officer to provide support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of Centers for Disease Control and Prevention/Division of Global HIV/AIDS South Africa (SA). Specific objectives include:
- Providing technical assistance to the HIV Care & Treatment, including TB/HIV, programs and activities supported by CDC/DGHT South Africa in accordance with South Africa Government (SAG) national guidelines and PEPFAR goals and principle.
- Serving as a technical advisor on HIV Care & Treatment, including TB/HIV, program and provide scientific and programmatic support to the Care & Treatment Branch of CDC/DGHT South Africa and its partner organizations, including the South Africa Department of Health.
- Providing implementation and technical support to CDC/DGHT South Africa and PEPFAR South Africa implementing partner organizations, universities and government.
The scope of work under this contact shall not include patient care or treatment and shall not involve direct contact with blood, bodily fluids or any patient samples.
- Provide technical assistance in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of HIV Care & Treatment, including TB/HIV, programs in South Africa.
- Recommend/promote/facilitate the maintenance and improvement of standards of clinical Care & Treatment for HIV and TB patients in South Africa
- Participate in training programs for SAG and implementing partner staff and other activities designed to enhance staff skills in HIV Care & Treatment, including TB/HIV, activities in support programs
- Assist CDC/DGHT South Africa and PEPFAR South Africa implementing partners with the development of proposals and work plans for implementing HIV Care & Treatment, including TB/HIV, activities
- Conduct site meeting and visits to CDC/DGHT South Africa and PEPFER South Africa implementing partners to assess, monitor and evaluate implementation on HIV Care & Treatment and TB/HIV programs against goals and objectives.
- Assist in the development of program evaluation strategies, methodologies and indications for monitoring HIV Care and Treatment, including TB/HIV, programs in accordance with standard guideline and protocols
- Facilitate dissemination of scientific evidence and finding of program assessments, monitoring, and evaluation of HIV Care and Treatment, including TB/HIV, programs to SAG officials, interagency working group, and CDC/DGHT South Africa and PEPFAR South Africa implementing partners.
- Make recommendations to the HIV Care & Treatment, including TB/HIV, program for future project design, strategy, project management and measure of impact to assist with program planning and Country Operation Plan development.
- Provide updated technical information to partners. Respond to request from Non-Government Organizations, health care and treatment organizations and medical professionals for information and technical assistance on HIV Care and Treatment including TB/HIV, programs and strategies.
- Work with partners to promote the dissemination of appropriate HIV Care and Treatment, including TB/HIV, messages and design innovative approaches to enhance Care and Treatment and support of HIV infected persons.
- Graduate degree in medicine, nursing or other related health field.
- Post graduate degree in public health, health administration, or another related field.
- Advanced training in epidemiology and public health evaluation
DPS is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.