The Xcelerator Training Program provides training and coaching, specifically for Grand Challenges grantees from USAID and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. These programs support grantees to advance their innovations along the product - market adoption pipeline. The training prepares innovators to address the complexities of implementing new technologies in the developing world, helping speed up the process by which their ideas are turned into products that can have a real impact and potentially save lives. The Xcelerator program’s success has created the need for an individual to join a small team and expand the program’s capabilities for online engagement, team support and knowledge management.
Senior Program Officer
Global Health Entrepreneurship and Innovation Programs
- Operational leadership for VentureWell’s Global Health programs; manages program development, implementation and funder/partner relationships.
- Participates in the strategic development of VentureWell’s global health and early stage innovator offerings.
- Proactively organizes and manages the production of program offerings including the development and sourcing of collateral, materials, vendors and consultants.
- Leads the identification of, negotiation with and management of in- country partners and vendor resources for global program deployments
- Manages and provides reports in a timely and proactive manner, including current upcoming budget and programmatic needs.
- Serves as liaison between the program and internal VentureWell supporting departments (i.e. Registration and Logistics, Marketing and Communications, Research and Evaluation, Finance, etc.)
- Identifies, proposes and takes initiative to locate advisors, consultants, trainers and coaches to support teams for webinar series; may also present content for webinars
- Develops tools and processes to improve program operations and tracking of program
- Serves as liaison with program participants for implementation of program offerings.
10+ years related work experience, including:
- Developing similar programs
- Track record of effective partner/funder relationship management
- Demonstrated experience in project management and training
- Experience with entrepreneurship
- Strong writing skills
- Experience living and/or working in a developing country in a global health related field
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, Google Apps and other web-based software products.
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in relevant field preferred.
This position is based in our Hadley/Amherst MA office
About the Organization
VentureWell supports early-stage, socially beneficial science and technology innovators, their ventures, and the innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystems that are critical to their success.
Since our founding in 1995, we’ve funded and trained over 1,300 teams of science and technology inventors and innovators, and nurtured thousands of their startups reaching millions of people in over 50 countries with ground-breaking technological advancements in fields such as biomedicine and healthcare, sustainable energy and materials, and solutions for low-resource settings.