World Vision International
Founded over 65 years ago and now working in nearly 100 countries, World Vision implements disaster preparedness programmes and helps build resilient communities. Our Disaster Management team acts to save lives and alleviate suffering of crises-affected people by implementing sustainable programmes focused on meeting immediate and long-term needs.
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development, and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
Here’s where you come in:
The Senior Program Officer - Goma, Democratic Republic of Congo, you will play a critical role in supporting World Vision’s emergency, resilience & development and advocacy programming in Eastern DRC for the sustained well-being of children, particularly the most vulnerable through grant acquisition and management. The portfolio had a $10 million annual budget turnover and total portfolio value of $57 million in fiscal year 2019/2020. By mobilizing a cross-functional team to support grant acquisition and management objectives for the eastern Zone, the SPO will directly contribute to WV DRC reaching more than 5 million children with life-saving relief and development by 2021. The right person for this role will be able to deliver high-quality project proposals that result in portfolio growth, maintain and position positive relationships with key donors, and travel frequently to support WV DRC’s teams throughout North and South Kivu, and other places as required. The SPO serves on the East Zone Senior Management Team.
- Masters Degree in relevant area (Int’l Development, Humanities, Social Work, Business Administration, etc)
- or Bachelor’s degree with equivalent work experience (minimum 3 extra years).
- At least 3 years of previous experience in project design, proposal writing and donor relations for an INGO in a relief and / or development context. At least one year of field - based work in a similar, conflict-prone environment is required.
- Solid experience negotiating with Government, Bi / Multi-lateral Agencies(US Government, German Government, Dutch Government, UN Donors…), and private donors.
- Must speak/write fluently in English and have a working knowledge of French and willingness to improve.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 40% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 01 APR 2020. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.