PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
PATH is looking for a Senior Program Officer to direct the Access and Delivery Partnership (ADP) project, which seeks to build capacity for and support decision-making around the introduction of new technologies and pharmaceuticals in low- and middle-income countries. ADP is housed in the Health Systems Innovation and Delivery (HSID) program, which focuses on the design and implementation of: 1) health system innovations to improve health system performance, 2) cross-cutting health system adaptations for successful adoption and scale of specific product or disease prevention innovations, 3) technical assistance to strengthen overall health system integrity and resilience, and 4) strategies to better integrate the effective delivery of services across health and disease categories.
The Senior Program Officer will manage the Access and Delivery Partnership; provide thought leadership and guidance to projects and partners in the areas identified above as well as support development of program and project strategy and design; lead specific project objectives; and represent projects internally, to donors, and to other stakeholders as necessary. The Senior Program Officer will also contribute to HSID’s knowledge management specific to PATH’s health systems–related work and in line with PATH’s broader knowledge management strategy.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead and manage PATH’s contribution to the Access and Delivery Partnership
- Provide technical consultation on project design, implementation, and analysis related to health systems strengthening and integrated service delivery.
- Support implementation of health system strengthening projects.
- Identify new funding opportunities and lead the development of proposals.
- Manage implementation of health systems–related projects, including reporting and maintaining relationships with funding agencies.
- Manage a project team and contribute to the professional growth and development of team members.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the knowledge management strategy in the area of HSID.
- Conduct regular capacity-building activities on health systems–related topics for PATH staff.
- Represent HSID at relevant conferences and meetings on health systems strengthening to showcase PATH’s work.
- Illustrative analytical and program activities include preparation of case studies, financial modeling, assessments of health systems, investment recommendations, distilling lessons learned, documentation, and dissemination.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in global health projects, especially related to health systems, health policy, service management, or related fields with an advanced degree in public health, public administration, public policy, implementation sciences or related field, or the equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Experience with or a good understanding of Health Technology Assessment.
- Experience working in LMIC, with good understanding of health systems challenges.
- Expertise in Quality Improvement methodologies highly desirable.
- Demonstrated success in business development, with USAID and other donors.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and partner with ministry of health and other key government stakeholders.
- Proven ability in working in a multi-task work environment and a matrixed organization.
- Experience with human centered design and change management are highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing; ability to speak French would be an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with partners to achieve results.
- Available to travel nationally and internationally up to 30 percent.
Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
About the Organization
PATH is the leader in global health innovation. An international nonprofit organization, we save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.