World Vision International
Founded over 65 years ago and now working in nearly 100 countries, World Vision implements disaster preparedness programmes and helps build resilient communities. Our Disaster Management team acts to save lives and alleviate suffering of crises-affected people by implementing sustainable programmes focused on meeting immediate and long-term needs.
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development, and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
Here’s where you come in:
As Senior Program Officer, Kurdish Region of Iraq, you are responsible for developing and maintaining key Programme information including context analysis, needs assessment, as well as project design and proposals. You will be required to build relationships with key stakeholders (government, UN, donors and International Non Governmental Organizations (INGOs) , WV partners) for the critical duration of the response.
- Must have a university degree or equivalent in Social Sciences or related field (a Masters is a plus).
- 3-5 years experience in emergency response programming including hands on operations.
- Proven track record for multi-sector program design for large complex emergencies.
- Experience in/knowledge of rapid assessment and ongoing contextual analysis.
- Knowledge of design requirements and regulations of major donors including the United States, Canada, Germany, the EU, Australia and UN agencies.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English. Knowledge of Arabic and/ or Kurdish or other languages is desirable.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 50% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 25 SEP 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.