Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.
The primary function of this Senior Project Associate position is to provide general project management and proposal management assistance to the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Department. The role involves direct client and partner relationships, project management, research, analysis, monitoring and evaluation, and intelligence gathering in a flexible, dynamic work environment.
- Provides support across the areas of project management and technical backstopping.
- Provides general project operations assistance to project technical staff and backstops projects /country programs in the MEL division on a regular basis through e-mail and phone calls.
- Provides scheduled and ad-hoc financial and/or budget reports. Drafts and finalizes reports for project quarterly, annual and close-out reports for internal and external use.
- Compiles, analyzes, and summarizes financial and project operational data using various database programs for inclusion in reports or presentation materials.
- Manages external consultants for various project assignments including developing scopes of work, reviewing expense reports, and approving deliverables.
- Recruits, screens, and onboards project staff and consultants, including developing and posting job descriptions, collecting CVs, and organizing interviews.
- Maintains filing system for project administrative, financial, and technical documents in Dexis knowledge management systems.
- Reviews and provides input for technical responses’ content and budgets.
- Assists with procurement and management of subcontractors, including drafting of sections for Requests for Proposals, coordinating proposal reviews and providing administrative and management oversight throughout the life of the subcontract.
- Support travel and event logistics and procurement, such as facilitating air travel and lodging reservations.
- Provides technical backstopping including conducting literature reviews, reviewing evaluation reports for accuracy and completeness, and developing data collection tools for project assignments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Fluent English speaker, professional proficiency in Spanish required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, international relations, or related field required.
- 3-6 years of project planning and budget control experience in a research, consulting practice, non-profit or international development environment. (candidate with 2 years of relevant experience might be considered for a Project Associate position).
- Strong written and oral communication skills, excellent writing, editing and research skills are required.
- Experience working on applied research and project monitoring and evaluation for donor-funded projects (experience with USAID projects highly desirable) as well as exposure to developing countries.
- Prior experience with business development preferable.
- Analytical, financial, quantitative and qualitative research skills preferable.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Products.
About the Organization
Winner of the 2014 Small Business of the Year at the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and working in nearly 90 countries in FY 2015 for USAID and the Department of State, Dexis supports US federal agencies in the areas of program monitoring and evaluation, program learning, and program support. We are not only one of the fastest growing firms in international development, we are rated among the highest among our peers on employee-reviewed sites.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.