The Senior Project Management Specialist will manage a team of five (5) project management assistants providing administrative support to USAID/Uganda and train, coach, and mentor USAID/Uganda staff. S/he will be based in Uganda and work to support the mission and the five Social Science Advisors throughout the duration of the contract. The Senior Project Management Specialist will work closely with project leadership and support the project management assistants and train, coach and mentor USAID/Uganda staff.
Additionally, s/he will:
- Supervise, guide and continuously train, coach and mentor project management assistants.
- Support USAID/Uganda in continuously training, coaching and mentoring/setting up mentorship arrangements for its project managers.
- Support USAID/Uganda adaptive management efforts.
- Assume other tasks that to strengthen USAID/Uganda’s project/activity management performance.
- Prepare project progress report.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Advanced degree in International Development, Project Management, Business Management or another relevant field.
- Understanding of USAID and development programming.
- At least 10 years experience in development management, field experience in sub-Saharan Africa a plus.
- Demonstrated experience supervising, coaching and/or mentoring staff.
- Previous experience with USAID-funded projects is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated strong leadership qualities.
- Excellent relationship skills.
- Familiarity with USAID compliance rules and regulations.
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills. English is required.
About the Organization
QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
The USAID/Uganda Learning Activity is a five-year support contract with the aim to further strengthen USAID/Uganda performance and improve the performance of its Implementing Partners, with a focus on collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA), in order to enhance the impact and sustainability of USAID-supported contributions to Uganda’s development. QED will support USAID’s continuous pursuit of CLA in program implementation.