Position: Senior Project Manager and Country Representative, Investing in the Liberated Universities of Ninewa
Location: Erbil, Iraq
Period of Performance: Two Years
Summary of Position
IREX seeks qualified Senior Project Manager candidates to lead a two-year $15 million project to build the capacity of the Universities of Mosul, Ninewa, and Hamdaniya to provide educational and economic opportunities to affected populations. This project will include the development of needs assessments with each university in addition to capacity building programs, linkages with American universities, curricula that focus on preparing students to meet the needs of the Iraqi economy, and the purchase of related equipment and educational materials. It will also include faculty exchange programs to foster collaboration and information sharing with American partner universities, as well as the development of English language education.
The position is contingent on funding.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Oversee all technical components of the program and provide day-to-day supervision of technical project staff
- Provide vision and strategic direction for the project, ensuring deliverables are technically sound and submitted in a timely manner
- Develop and implement a plan of activities to meet project objectives
- Serve as primary liaison between the project and the Embassy, senior government officials, subgrantees, local stakeholders, project beneficiaries, and IREX’s home office
- Ensure compliance with donor and IREX guidelines and protocols
- Coordinate with local, regional and international organizations active in the education sector
- Manage and mentor project staff
- Provide leadership and oversight for all administrative and operational aspects including finance, human resources, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, external communications, and contractual compliance
Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant or a related field is required, such as education, public administration, or economic development; Master’s degree preferred
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible experience working on international donor-funded education programs, preferably in Iraq or other post-conflict setting
- A proven track record of design, implementation, and successful delivery in similar projects
- Demonstrated technical expertise in higher education preferred, including faculty training and development as well as curriculum development
- Excellent interpersonal skills including conflict resolution abilities; and a demonstrated ability to hold staff accountable for quality outputs and results
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, including governments, private sector, higher educational institutions, schools, donors, etc.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Must be fluent in English; proficiency in Arabic is highly preferred
Go to https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=o0tb8fww&s=Devex to submit your CV for consideration.
About the Organization
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $80 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.