Requisition ID: req2095
Job Title: Senior Project Manager, Brand
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: USA-New York, NY - HQ
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster, as well as with those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The Senior Project Manager role will work with a small team of cross-departmental staff and external consultants to evolve the IRC’s global Brand voice and identity. S/he will provide project planning and communications support and related change management Communications.
This is a four-month fixed-term position with potential for an extension as necessary. The position requires strong critical-thinking and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to navigate ambiguity.
Candidates should have professional experience in Communications, campaign or Brand project management. A top candidate will be a self-starter and enthusiastic team player with excellent organizational skills.
Based in the IRC Headquarters in New York City, the role will report to the VP of Communications.
* Help to project manage the Brand Evolution project, from research to testing and implementation
* Develop presentations and change-management communications to inform stakeholders of progress and/ or bottlenecks
* Structure weekly meetings, including a monthly in-person offsite
* Mange the vendor selection process
* Research / pursue sources of data and insight needed to inform the project
Key Working Relationships:
* Position Reports to: VP, Communications
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
* Brand Evolution team
* Communications, Marketing, Advocacy and Institutional Philanthropy and Partnerships
* Leadership Board
* An degree in communications, political science or marketing
* Significant experience in a global, distributed organization with myriad audience/customer sets
* At least 4 years of professional experience in a project management and/ or Brand strategy
* A results-driven approach to work, proven personal initiative, attention to detail, and an ability to work proactively
* Ability to creatively solve problems and to anticipate and overcome barriers to success
* Experience interacting and communicating effectively with members of a complex organization at multiple levels
* Comfort with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Preferred Additional Requirements
* Experience working on a large integrated marketing or brand initiative
* Experience in a humanitarian or development organization, or similar
* Experience researching and using third-party data to make a business case
* Experience with quantitative and qualitative testing
* Standard office work environment
* Potential travel as needed
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.