Senior Project Manager: Humanitarian Information System
Kimetrica (www.kimetrica.com) seeks an experienced Senior Project Manager for a large, upcoming, five-year USAID project. Based in Washington, DC, the Senior Project Manager will provide project-level management, financial, and contractual oversight to ensure the project achieves its quality programming and decision-support outcomes.
Reporting to the project’s Chief of Party (COP), the Senior Project Manager will have the following responsibilities:
(Note: the below percentages are notional and may change depending on project needs.)
Contract Management (30%): Monitors day-to-day activity on the project; leads quarterly project reviews; and schedules client satisfaction surveys twice a year. Ensures compliance with Kimetrica’s policies and procedures and, in consultation with home office staff, provide recommendations for best practices.Troubleshoots complex project administrative and operational challenges; provides oversight on operational activities such as start-up, mobilization, demobilization, and project-specific procurements; works closely with technical teams to participate in annual work plan development and reviews; and ensures project adherence to work plan deliverables. Attends technical meetings with the COP and or other technical staff to ensure adherence to work plans and client expectations. Serves as the primary point of contact for the COP on all management, operational, and financial issues. Proactively identifies and analyzes areas of risk to advise COP on possible solutions and preventive measures. Ensures compliance with internal and external audit findings.
Technical Support (25%): Works with the COP to ensure that contract deliverables are completed and submitted in a timely manner, project activities are implemented in accordance with the contract scope of work and approved work plan, and all products are always of high quality. Develops scope of work (SOW) documents and manages the recruitment and hiring of project short-term technical assistance (STTA) and long-term technical assistance (LTTA) candidates. Participates in all strategic planning sessions and supports the COP and technical team as needed. Reviews and supports (with COP) project deliverables (monthly, quarterly and annual reports, work plans and other deliverables) and STTA deliverables as required.
Contract Compliance (20%): Ensures overall contract compliance with the client’s and Kimetrica’s rules, regulations, and procedures. Resolves complex contractual issues with appropriate escalation and collaboration with the COP and and home office staff. Manages the alignment of work plans to budgets, contract modifications, and subcontract modifications. Drafts SOWs for subcontracts and consultants and serves as primary, administrative point of contact for all subcontractors and partners.
Financial Management (10%): Manages all project financial performance targets (with COP); leads project financial reviews, analyzes, and troubleshoots financial issues. Ensures accuracy of project financial transactions and monthly project invoices. Reviews and approves offices payments (e.g., timesheets, expense reports, vendor invoices, etc.). Monitors accuracy of project budget and provides analysis and solutions. Working with home office finance staff, prepares quarterly finance projections and reviews. Develops task order budgets in collaboration with the COP, technical, and finance staff members.
Staff Management (15%). Supervises, trains, and mentors project associates and assistants. Encourages learning and knowledge sharing across skill areas. Conducts performance reviews and goal setting meetings for associates and assistants. In coordination with the COP and home office staff, schedules and supports performance reviews of technical staff.
- Masters or above in relevant discipline (e.g., MBA, international relations, political science, international development, etc.).
- At least 10 years of progressively more responsible supervisory work experience managing complex teams and assignments, with at least three years of experience in contract management, preferably for USAID.
- At least five years of supervisory experience, including direct supervision of professionals and support staff, and assembling teams of professionals to respond to complex assignments.
- Strong budget, cost forecasting, and project financial management skills.
- Experience managing US Government contracts, and strong working knowledge of of U.S. government regulations, policies, and procedures – e.g., FAR, AIDAR, etc.
- Clear communications skills (English) with the ability to synthesize and present complex concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with staff posted remotely.
- Strong and demonstrated commitment to international development, especially humanitarian response.
At Kimetrica, you will work alongside innovative thinkers at the forefront of developing new methods and technologies for humanitarian and decision-making. Here, you can apply your skills to address some of the world’s most challenging problems, in an environment where intellectual curiosity forms a common thread among our technical and management teams. We offer the following benefits:
- Competitive salary package
- Health and Life Insurance
- Generous vacation, holiday and sick leave
Interested persons should send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com. The subject line of the email should read “Senior Project Manager.” The deadline to apply is October 15, 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.