Job DescriptionRTI International•s Integrated Learning Solutions Practice Area within the International Development Group seeks experienced and dynamic individuals to manage multi-faceted technical and project management activities on USAID-funded training and capacity building contracts. The Senior Project Manager will oversee the design, development, delivery, and evaluation of learning activities and events and will ensure quality coordination, execution, and completion of contract activities and deliverables.
Provides project technical, administrative, and financial management direction. Responsible for ensuring that projects are implemented in accordance with IQC and federal regulations. Provides leadership and direction and defines and implements activities to achieve the greatest coverage and impact possible.
The position will report to the Director for Integrated Learning Solutions.
• Manage training and capacity building activities from design to implementation, including hiring and managing consultants and staff members, forecasting, planning, managing and tracking budgets, developing and writing project plans, and executing deliverables;•
• Collaborate with peers and clients to develop training development strategies and design training, including identifying appropriate content and sequencing for courses and modules;
• Work with subject-matter experts to develop learning programs/strategies and/or provide subject matter expertise based on first-hand experience in USAID programs and contracting;
• Design and develop instructional/educational courses and performance support tools in adherence with any provided documentation standards;
• Review products for completeness, compliance with standards and consistency with design plans;
• Facilitate and/or participate in train-the-trainer, pilot sessions, and course overviews, as necessary;
• Support recruitment and review of potential trainers/consultants and conduct observations of individual instructors/facilitators to ensure quality;
• Oversee training evaluation strategies;•
•• Contribute to project growth by seeking opportunities to expand existing work;••
• Support the development of internal RTI business proposals designed to grow training business;
• Provide input to business development team regarding potential opportunities associated with assigned clients.•
• Master•s degree with at least 9 years of experience in Instructional System Design, Education, or other related field; OR Bachelor•s degree with at least 12 years of relevant experience.•
• At least five (5) years of experience as a successful management of the design and delivery of innovative learning projects.•
• Experience and expertise in curriculum development, learning and development, and/or instructional design.
• Experience managing similar, global training programs with time-sensitive deliverables.
• Proven experience in people management, strategic planning, risk management, and change management.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills that build relationships at all levels across the organization with a high capacity for influence, collaboration, and consensus.•
• Working knowledge of the federal government•s training practices and issues related to learning management required.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience managing large documents and multiple files required.
• Excellent organizational, verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, and multitask.
• Attention to detail; ability to manage timelines; flexibility and responsiveness.
• Fluency in English.
• Ability to receive United States government security clearance.•
••To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require sponsorship for employment visa status, now or in the future.
•• Experience with U.S. government contracting • in particular, USAID • is strongly preferred.
• Knowledgeable in application of adult learning theories and leading-edge instructional design methods preferred.
• Knowledge of 508 compliance and SCORM requirements preferred.
• Consulting experience in a professional services environment strongly preferred.
• PM certification or equivalent preferred.
•• Individuals with active USG security clearance will be preferred.•
About the OrganizationIDG Learning, Energy & Environment for Development