**Please note: U.S. work authorization is required for this position.**
MSI’s Middle East North Africa (MENA) regional portfolio includes monitoring and evaluation support contracts that provide technical and consultancy services (including performance evaluations, impact evaluations, progress monitoring services, opinion-based surveys and other evaluative studies) and large grant programs focused on anti-corruption activities, preventing violent extremism across the region, and supporting civil society become more effective in advancing the democratic values of citizen participation and good governance across the region.
The SPM will manage projects of considerable cost and technical complexity. She/he will possess specialized knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience to use independent judgment in the performance of their duties and be capable of carrying out work with little guidance or supervision. This individual is a self-starter: bright, motivated and dynamic. Additionally, this position requires proven experience and knowledge of FAR, USAID ADS, AIDAR and business practices. This position will also supervise the project manager(s) and reports to the Director of Operations.
- Responsible for contractual and financial management of international development projects.
- Ensure project tasks and deliverables are on schedule and within budget, and successful program results.
- Assist in development of procedures, policies, recordkeeping, and duties as required related to overall administration of projects.
- Participate in recruitment initiatives as required.
- Ensure project procurements are consistent with contract requirements and technical specifications by working closely with contracts department and technical staff.
- Work with other departments, subcontractors, and independent consultants on the implementation of complex project tasks, programming, and other activities for assigned projects.
- Supervise and mentor junior staff in managing the projects and closely collaborate with technical staff to ensure good communication and timely delivery of all required products.
- Plan, prepare and communicate schedules and progress records of projects’ activities and expenditures, and assist others in establishing project schedules and milestones.
- Establish systems for efficient management of subcontractor activities.
- Assist in the review, editing, and formatting of contractual deliverables and other products, and provide timely information and status updates on assigned tasks as well as to ensure quality and branding.
- Prepare and present comprehensive financial and administrative reports and correspondence, as required.
- Review and submission of client approval requests.
- Other related duties as required.
- Minimum of 6-10 years of experience in international development required, including administrative experience with project management type functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in international development, business, finance, economics or a related social science field required; Master’s Degree preferred (additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of advanced degree).
- Advanced Excel skills and experience in the management of complex budgets, and preferably experience with management level of effort type budgets.
- Demonstrable experience in USAID contracting and grants and other USG international regulations.
- Knowledge of project management procedures for planning and processing international development projects, and for establishing plans, specifications, monitoring and management of the development projects.
- Experience with USAID project start-up and/or close-out highly desirable.
- Leading cost estimating and tracking and scheduling for international development projects.
- Experience with project management software preferred.
- Skilled in the principles and practices of personnel supervision and management.
- Proven experience managing USAID projects required.
- Experience with USAID new business development and proposal writing preferred.
- Experience living or working in a developing country, preferably in the MENA region, preferred.
- Willingness to travel for extended periods of time (4-8 weeks) preferred.
- Experience managing project teams preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and advanced editing skills required.
- Fluency in English required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.