The Senior Project Manager will join Resonance’s Natural Capital practice, which designs private sector engagement (PSE) strategies, builds public-private partnerships, manages projects, and applies technologies to solve pressing environmental issues. Our work spans numerous natural resource sectors including: land management, sustainable fisheries, water security and access to water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) services, climate resiliency and adaptation, and biodiversity conservation, with an overarching focus on integrating the private sector’s resources and expertise towards positive environmental outcomes. Whether it is advancing sustainable fisheries management in Southeast Asia or combating wildlife poaching in Africa, Resonance believes private sector strategies are integral to conserving the environment and supporting green innovation, while benefiting communities, companies, and the planet. The Senior Project Manager will play a critical technical and project management role on the team, facilitating cross-sectoral partnerships on behalf of Resonance clients (donor agencies, corporations, and non-profits around the world).
This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC, with frequent travel to developing countries to support project implementation activities.
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for project oversight, technical inputs, and client engagement for Natural Capital projects, including the Land Technology Solutions project, which is focused on developing and deploying mobile technology to clarify and document complex and overlapping rights to land and natural resources. The Senior Project Manager will provide technical support to other Resonance projects focused on PSE in support of water security, biodiversity conservation, climate change resiliency, and sustainable fishing. S/he will also play a critical role in our business development strategy in Washington, DC, building relationships with a range of potential clients and partners.
Specific responsibilities include:
Project Management (40%)
Manage the USAID Land Technology Solutions Project, focused on mobile technology and land rights documentation, ensuring outstanding technical delivery as well as efficient and compliant project/budget management, including:
- Serve as primary Resonance home office point of contact for client relations
- Support recruiting for local and international consultants as needed
- Support identification and management of local implementing partners
- Support management and oversight for Resonance subcontractors – including budgets, SOWs, contracts, reporting, activities and deliverables
- Manage the overall project budget, support monthly invoicing, and manage financial reporting as needed
- Oversee timely reporting, as required by the project contract and client
- Work with the Resonance operations team to ensure contract compliance
- Work with the Chief of Party and technical teams to design and develop project work plans and project activities in the US and the field
- Work with the Chief of Party and technical teams to ensure delivery of high quality and timely deliverables
- Work with the Chief of Party and M&E Specialist to oversee project monitoring and evaluations
- Other duties as assigned and as needed
- As available, oversee a portfolio of additional Natural Capital projects
- Mentor junior home office and project field staff
- Apply technical expertise to client projects to identify, build, manage, and evaluate PSE approaches and partnerships, using Resonance’s Sustainable Transparent Effective Partnerships (STEP) methodology
- Support field assessments, research/analysis, curricula development for training, training delivery, PSE workshop preparation and delivery, and evaluations to advance PSE and partnership development for Resonance’s clients and projects
- Support the design and deployment of approaches to develop and support SMEs and social enterprises to advance Natural Capital project objectives
Business Development (25%)
- Play a significant role in expanding Resonance’s project portfolio by developing and expanding client relationships with development implementers, donor agencies, commercial customers, development finance institutions, and others
- Support the capture and proposal development process, including the management of proposals, writing of technical inputs, supporting development of cost inputs, and coordinating with partners, primes, and subcontractors
- Support Resonance thought leadership through writing blog posts and articles, making public presentations, attending and speaking at relevant conferences, etc.
- Advanced degree in international relations, natural resource management, business administration, or related field
- 8 – 10 years of project management experience in the international development or business context
- Familiarity with USAID and/or other donor policies and processes
- Experience with and passion for Private Sector Engagement (PSE), land tenure, ICT4D, water access, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH), marine/terrestrial conservation, climate change, corporate sustainability, and/or sustainable fisheries
- Demonstrated track record in facilitating cross-sector collaboration, preferably for international companies, NGOs, donors or foundations operating in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and/or the Middle East
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Ability to travel up to 30% on short notice
- Working fluency in Spanish or French preferred
- Eligibility to work in US
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Senior Project Manager, Natural Capital” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Organization
Resonance (formerly SSG Advisors) is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.