Cardno is currently seeking a qualified, field-based Senior Project Manager, experienced in project planning, construction oversight, and quality assurance services for installation of prefabricated health clinics for a USAID-funded health infrastructure project in Zambia.
Scope of Work
The Senior Project Manager will manage Cardno’s project team in the implementation of design review and construction management services for multiple sites throughout Zambia. The Senior Project Manager will serve as the in-country point of contact for Cardno, working closely with both Cardno’s home office and project team to achieve project objectives. S/he will be responsible for ensuring design reviews completed by the team are compliant with Zambian and IBC standards. The Senior Project Manager will coordinate and ensure resources for all project tasks; provide supervision and oversight for field activities and provide subcontractor oversight in the execution of project activities. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the successful installation of prefabricated clinic units including installation of solar panels, and serve as an expert on site construction management and activities planning for the project.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as the primary, in-country point of contact for Cardno with client and local subcontractor.
- Provide strategic program and financial management oversight
- Oversee design process review of prefabricated health clinics, including assessment of construction design works, Bill of Quantities and technical specifications
- Provide construction oversight and quality assurance of health clinics through handover, including final inspection and acceptance of completed work
- Oversee completion of energy feasibility study and supervise installation of solar panels
- Coordinate all technical resources and quality assurance for Cardno’s project deliverables
- Work with Cardno’s project management team and local subcontractor to resolve project management issues; mitigate risk and prevent fraud; and maintain compliance with Cardno and USAID policies and regulations
- Review Cardno and subcontractor invoices and reports, to include expense reports of Cardno STTA/LTTA related to travel to/from Zambia
- Provide oversight of site visits, condition assessments, gap analyses, and/or develop engineering/planning solutions alternatives with associated strengths/weaknesses, costs and risks.
- Develop written report sections and/or sketches.
- Develop schedules, budgets, and internal tasks for assigned project elements.
- Engage with and/or manage internal and external team members/sub-consultants as and when required for assignments.
- Responsible for project progression
- Prepares work plans, assembles project team, delegates tasks and ensures compliance with scope and timely completion of tasks
- Work within the company project management protocols and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Hold all necessary licenses within the Republic of Zambia to provide the required services.
- 20+ years of demonstrated experience working in construction oversight/supervision & design, and project management in Zambia
- Knowledge of international and Zambian building codes, including construction and environmental standards
- Previous experience in renovation and new building construction in health infrastructure, with prefabricated building experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience interacting with host county nationals, government agents, counterparts, and international donor agencies.
- Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with project teams.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines for policy driven clients with aggressive project schedules.
- Ability to exercise professional discretion and judgement; and a critical eye for detail, completeness, and competency
- Ability to simultaneously work on and manage multiple tasks with tight deadlines
- Ability to use computer software including MS Office suite, ACAD, CAD, etc.
Position Location & Travel: Lusaka, Zambia
Assignment duration: 6 months (insert project date end])
About the OrganizationCardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd., is part of Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division with international development assistance companies in Brisbane, Brussels, Jakarta, Melbourne, Nairobi, Oxford, Port Moresby, and Washington, DC. Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. was formerly Emerging Markets Group, Ltd. and brings nearly a 30-year history serving the objectives of bilateral and multilateral donors and private clients. The Emerging Markets Division brings together a broad range of experience and talent; a rich history of innovation, passion and commitment to international development and an established reputation for high quality demand and client driven services.
Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division manages more than $750 million in current contracts and grants, brings together over 90 years of collective experience, and engages over 3,700 professionals in more than 100 countries. Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division currently implements over 130 projects globally.
More Jobs from this Organization