The Senior Protocol Officer, reporting to the line manager, will be responsible for (1) consistent practice and implementation of protocol in the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB); (2) providing advice and coordinating with all departments on protocol matters and (3) leading the effort to engage with governments of member countries in matters related to protocol, visa, privilege and other institutional arrangements of AIIB. This includes the following:
1. Ensuring protocol arrangements for VIPs are provided in a standardized way.
- All visiting VIPs and dignitaries are accorded appropriate protocol.
- Establishing protocol requirements and order of precedence in AIIB.
2. Advising all departments on protocol issues.
- Prepare and review congratulatory, appreciation, condolence and welcome letters.
- Provide protocol advise and respond to queries on protocol issues such as honorifics/titles, salutations, VIP ranking, seating arrangements, gift exchanges and invitation letters.
- Consult with member government offices and departments in a timely manner.
3. Ensuring efficient, responsive and sustainable protocol for Annual Meetings.
- Protocol rules and advice on seating plans, standing layout, entitlement and privileges.
- Assist protocol plan for high-level events in annual meetings including opening ceremony, President’s Reception, Governors’ official sessions and others.
- Makes arrangements for the flags and seating needed for the meetings.
- Assist and provide advice on protocol arrangement of high-level bilateral and multilateral meetings.
- Prepare, plan and manage invitations to member countries.
4. Actively engaging with member governments to achieve institutional arrangement on the entitlement of the Bank and helping manage the shareholder database.
- Reach agreement with member governments or embassies on the visa application process.
- Make institutional arrangements on protocol-related matters with member governments.
- Assist meetings of Bank management with high-level government officials of member countries and archiving all the photos and relevant materials for high-level engagement of the Bank.
- Help develop and maintain the shareholder database.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in political science, public administration or a related field. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in protocol, public information, external relations or a related area in a governmental or international organization.
- Knowledge of accepted norms, rules and customs of international diplomatic protocol and country-specific protocol.
- Experience in organizing events/meetings in an international setting is required. Experience in the specific area of protocol in a multilateral setting, is desirable.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
About the Organization
We are the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), a multilateral development bank with a mission to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia. Headquartered in Beijing, we commenced operations in January 2016 and have now grown to 97 approved members worldwide. By investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors today, we will better connect people, services and markets that over time will impact the lives of billions and build a better future.