Job DescriptionRTI International is requesting applications for a Senior Public-Private Partnership/Finance Advisor on anticipated, upcoming USAID-funded energy project in Papua New Guinea. The goal of the USAID PNG Electrification Partnership Activity is to contribute significantly to achieving the goal of 70% electrification by 2030. The Off-Grid Advisor will be based in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea.
The Senior Public-Private Partnership/Finance Advisor is responsible for the coordination of technical assistance, transaction advisory, community engagement, and institutional performance improvement activities benefitting host-country governments, regulator, and utility. The goal is strengthening entities’ institutional capacity to engage in strategic planning, develop performance-based regulation, and design competitive market frameworks conducive to the attraction of investment capital for energy infrastructure projects. Manages a roster of legal, financial, public policy, and regulatory subject matter experts, including both full-time program staff and short-term consultants.
• Lead Objective 4 Team and oversee a team composed of senior finance and technical advisors.
• Lead the development of financial mechanisms and partnerships that facilitate increased energy sector investment and mitigate risk for project developers. This can include blending financing as well as other risk mitigation tools.
• Lead a team of experts that will be responsible for conducting feasibility studies for future private sector investment opportunities.
• Lead awareness building, technical support and investment promotion activities that facilitate the private sector’s entry into the energy sector.
• Support COP on ad hoc technical deliverables (slide decks, reports, etc.) requested by the client – often with short turn-around times.
• Catalyze the substantial private sector interest in developing off grid solutions through creative service models.
• Leverage private sector resources that are willing to partner with USAID to implement smart technologies.
Required minimum qualification and experience:
• Minimum of MBA or Master’s degree in Finance, economics, or a related field.
• A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience working on private sector investment within the power sector; Experience in a USAID project is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
• Strong oral/written communication skills and ability to communicate at multiple levels in the organization: and ability to coordinate activities with officials from host country government, US Government, NGO’s, and other agencies.
• Ability to build effective relationships with all clients, peers, and stakeholders.
• Ability to work hands-on, independently, and within team.
• Demonstrated success managing and leading technical and administrative teams.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented setting.
• Experience in general business administration and financial management.
• English language proficiency.
About the OrganizationIDG Learning, Energy & Environment for Development